'01 180 challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

doodaddy

I am purchasing an '01 180 challenger 240 hp. I am asking if anyone knows much about them in general. Top speed, performance, ect.... It has been taken very good care of and is currently winterized (patiently waiting for spring) :)

Not a lot about them!....

The M-2 Challenger is a nice boat. It has the Mercury V-6 engine in it and is a pretty good performer. I've been told it porposies a good bit. But I noticed you've read the other thread about the trim plate, so I won't go into it again here.
All other Sea-Doo boat and PWC's have the Rotax engine in it, so if there are some blips with it, you'll be hard pressed to find parts at the online distributers. But the good part is, those parts that we order for ours, is readily available at your local Mercury Marine shop.
We do carry the M-2 manual in our library, so if you get in a bind or just want to read up and ask questions about your new engine, then this is the place to do it.
I've done some extensive reading in this manual for a forum member who had a problem with engine smoke. Turned out that it was just a small, simple sensor that was causing it. Easy to set up for winterizing too, since everything is set up to gravity drain when you pull it out of the water.....
Good luck with the new ride!..........you should enjoy it!.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back