Seadoo Challenger 2000

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHBrian

Hello,
I am new here. I bought a Seadoo Challenger 2000 in June and it ran great for a few weeks. I believe it is a 2 stroke Merc 240. It had been winterized by the marina that I bought it from. All of a sudden one day I couldn't get it to go past 12 MPH. My tachometer is broken so I am not sure of the RPM's. But after ten minutes of going this speed, it all of a sudden kicked in and went full speed. The same thing happened the next day and I figured it was bad gas even though I added Seafoam and Stabil to the gas.

The next day same thing- only 12 Mph. I thought maybe it was running on 3 cylinders. I bought all new spark plugs, new battery, and the boat seemed great for an hour and then would only go 12 MPH again. Oil level has been good and there is oil in the container on top of the engine so that seems good. I can't seem to find anyone to work on these. A friend told me it may be the rectifier? I did just buy a new rectifier but I can't seem to locate a similar part on the engine. Do you think that could be the culprit? Has anyone come across this before and any ideas on what I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back