XPL 951 prop HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WakejumperXPL

:ack:What to do? I'm trying to deside wich prop would be the best all around performance upgrade. I'm running the XPL 951 w/a Works intake gate & a R&D intake power plenum. I love the hole shots & can hang w/ almost all the newer ski's "RXP's not included" but I would like a little more in the mid to top end w/o suffering the low end. I know it soulds like I want it all & maybe I do so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & if anyone knows of any clubs in the Lake Norman NC area please let me know.

Welcome!.....

Welcome to the forum Wakejumper!....your in a cool place to hang.
I guess the only answer here is to say how right you are. You can't have it all or better yet, you can't have it both ways.
If you want good mid range to top end, you will have to give up the hole shot. If you want the hole shot, then you'll have to give up top end.
If you change your impellor with one of a greater pitch, then you'll have great top speed, but bad low end torque because the horsepower wouldn't be great enough to tackle the extra load. But once it got up to speed, it would really be fast. On the other hand, if you hand an impellor with a smaller degree pitch, the engine would be able to torque up fast and jump out of the hole. But you'd reach max rpm with a much slower top end.

There are some modders in the forum who have an extensive history in modding and racing. We even have a member or two who have held national titles. I'll hope that one read your post and try and offer a solution that's in the middle of the road for you.
Good luck!.......and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum wakejumper. What I would suggest for an impeller is to contact solas.com and look at the chart for the desired performance you need. They do have variable pitch impellers that give you a little of both worlds, or more top end or more bottom end for the quick hole shot. Visit there website and see what they have to offer you. They have a dealer locater on site to I believe that have cheaper pricing than going direct. Let us know how you make out.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back