WTB Airbox retaining Clips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

carbineone

Hi everybody,my Son and I bought the first Jetski we have ever owned and it is missing all but one of the little black clips that hold the airbox top on,if you have them please let us know..I checked Ebay and never found any for sale,but I also do not know the exact name for them either..It is a 1994 SEADOO SP.It appears maybe they were the same on alot of differant models however for several years.... Thanks

Hi everybody,my Son and I bought the first Jetski we have ever owned and it is missing all but one of the little black clips that hold the airbox top on,if you have them please let us know..I checked Ebay and never found any for sale,but I also do not know the exact name for them either..It is a 1994 SEADOO SP.It appears maybe they were the same on alot of differant models however for several years.... Thanks

I have them, $15 shipped.

Thanks
Joe

They are called clip retainers. You can buy them for 2.49 each if you follow the parts link here.

I had a hack of a time figuring how to undo the clips. you slide them out sideways along the seam of the 2 boxes. It helped me to use some silicone or WD40 on them to reinstall. I used a pliers to help grip them since I don't have a lot of hand strength due to 2 injuries, 1 on each hand.

If it helps, the clips are easily slid if you push the tab down toward the earth or pull it up toward the sky (underneath or above the box lip) to free it from the box. Don't try to push the tab out (toward port or starboard) to clear the box lip inline - that works but is much more difficult.

Back