Wont run

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
You are starving for fuel and will ruin the engine if you keep riding it this way.

I don't see where the PO rebuilt the cabs so I would start there and only use Genuine Mikuni parts.

I would also get a new fuel strainer o-ring and filter.

Verify the correct oil is being used.

As far as the starter, if it a cheap Chinese replacement they are only good about 15-20% of the time so the intermittent issues would not be surprising.

No fuel will come out of the fuel lines without the engine cranking as there is no fuel pump in the tank, the carb pulls the fuel from the tank.

You are starving for fuel and will ruin the engine if you keep riding it this way.

I don't see where the PO rebuilt the cabs so I would start there and only use Genuine Mikuni parts.

I would also get a new fuel strainer o-ring and filter.

Verify the correct oil is being used.

As far as the starter, if it a cheap Chinese replacement they are only good about 15-20% of the time so the intermittent issues would not be surprising.

No fuel will come out of the fuel lines without the engine cranking as there is no fuel pump in the tank, the carb pulls the fuel from the tank.
Hi I bought a carb rebuild kit the genuine one you mentioned

I started on the side with the need valve , see attached picture of it, I replaced the oring , not to sure if there is supposed to be one on the bottom?

According to my manual I don't belive one is fitted there , am I correct?

The next issiue I am getting when I do the pop off test I get to about 30 psi and I can hear air leaking out , so not achieving the pop off

Should I change everything out before worrying about the pop off ?

If I push down on the needle side it allows me to pump more air into it but as I relate my hand air leaks and I get a pop off noise but something tells me it's not right
So for this side so far all new parts installed including the gasket that sits by the 2 jets

Do I need to buy something else to fix this 20230520_190540.jpg

Attachments

• 20230520_190941.jpg
    20230520_190941.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 6
Not quite understanding your last post, you tried testing your pop off pressure? Was that before you changed the needle and seat or after you put the new one in? Did you replace the spring beneath the lever? Where did you purchase the carb rebuild kit from? What is the pop off supposed to be for your model?

Not quite understanding your last post, you tried testing your pop off pressure? Was that before you changed the needle and seat or after you put the new one in? Did you replace the spring beneath the lever? Where did you purchase the carb rebuild kit from? What is the pop off supposed to be for your model?
The kit came from a place called jet ski junk, it did not come with a new needle and seat .

It contained everything else, rubbers , gaskets, springs etc.

I tested the pop off pressure with the new kit fitted just realized now once I built it I did not put wd40 in it

Will get some today, pop off is supposed to be 36 to 40 psi

The kit came from a place called jet ski junk, it did not come with a new needle and seat .

It contained everything else, rubbers , gaskets, springs etc.

I tested the pop off pressure with the new kit fitted just realized now once I built it I did not put wd40 in it

Will get some today, pop off is supposed to be 36 to 40 psi
Lol

Your just putting the WD-40 in the needle and seat area from the outside. No need to dry it or do anything, just dump out any excess and watch your eyes when the needle pops open. Also pay attention to the pressure when it seats again.

Your just putting the WD-40 in the needle and seat area from the outside. No need to dry it or do anything, just dump out any excess and watch your eyes when the needle pops open. Also pay attention to the pressure when it seats again.
Ok so it worked lol , popped around the 36 psi mark every time for the 4 times I did it

Reseated about 20psi same every time, I take it this is fine?

Watched a video on some guy building a carb up he said a 2nd test I need to do is connect the pump to the pulse line ,that's the 3rd out let

Apparently it should hold at least 10 psi ? I tried this went down to zero every time , can't understand why? Cleaned the carb up nicely used a small wire brush in-between all the groves , scrubbed with a tooth brush , rinsed it out in petrol then finally sprayed carb cleaner everywhere.

Dried it out put it all back together ,what could be wrong ?

I only apply 4 pounds to the pulse nipple, People may recommend 10 pounds but the manual must say 4. I’m always worried about damaging something, lol. Can’t quite remember but I think you need to have the inlet and return nipple looped together with a 1/4 inch fuel hose when pressuring through the pulse nipple, I will double check and post back if different. So when you were testing your pop off, where there any bubbles coming? Not sure about the pressure the needle should seat at, you would have to check your manual to be sure, I think the carb on my HX reseated at 40 pounds. If you do have all appropriate nipples blocked before pressuring pulse nipple with 4 pounds it would indicate a leaking needle or bad diaphragm. Too bad your rebuild kit didn’t come with new needle, seat and lever, especially since all indications pointed to leaking needle or bad diaphragm holding it open in first place.

Have you looked at the EXCELLENT carb rebuild 'sticky' that mikidymac created? Seriously, if you haven't done so yet, please do so. You simply have to get the carb(s) in "like new" condition, which if you follow this guide AND use genuine Mikuni part, you will. I just rebuilt the carbs on my RX and it is unreal the difference it made...no drama, just push the start button and it fires up and purrs like a happy kitten.

Have you looked at the EXCELLENT carb rebuild 'sticky' that mikidymac created? Seriously, if you haven't done so yet, please do so. You simply have to get the carb(s) in "like new" condition, which if you follow this guide AND use genuine Mikuni part, you will. I just rebuilt the carbs on my RX and it is unreal the difference it made...no drama, just push the start button and it fires up and purrs like a happy kitten.
No can u send me the link plz, thanks

Ok so it worked lol , popped around the 36 psi mark every time for the 4 times I did it

Reseated about 20psi same every time, I take it this is fine?

Watched a video on some guy building a carb up he said a 2nd test I need to do is connect the pump to the pulse line ,that's the 3rd out let

Apparently it should hold at least 10 psi ? I tried this went down to zero every time , can't understand why? Cleaned the carb up nicely used a small wire brush in-between all the groves , scrubbed with a tooth brush , rinsed it out in petrol then finally sprayed carb cleaner everywhere.

Dried it out put it all back together ,what could be wrong ?
Just read through your message again, I double checked my HX thread and it is supposed to hold 4psi in the pulse nipple and not 10 so maybe the pump diaphragm isn’t sealed or is damaged. The 10 pounds you may have read about is into the inlet nipple after it is all put back together, pretty sure this is to check that, the needle is seated properly and holding after it’s all back together. As for the reseating are 20 pounds, seems a little low to me but best for someone else to chime in. I know in my 717 HX it seated at 40 pounds and manual said minimum of 24 pounds. Did you use Mikidymac’s carb rebuild thread? It is really good and easy to follow, I think you should order a genuine Mikuni kit from OSDparts.com with the new needle, seat and lever and know everything is good.

Just read through your message again, I double checked my HX thread and it is supposed to hold 4psi in the pulse nipple and not 10 so maybe the pump diaphragm isn’t sealed or is damaged. The 10 pounds you may have read about is into the inlet nipple after it is all put back together, pretty sure this is to check that, the needle is seated properly and holding after it’s all back together. As for the reseating are 20 pounds, seems a little low to me but best for someone else to chime in. I know in my 717 HX it seated at 40 pounds and manual said minimum of 24 pounds. Did you use Mikidymac’s carb rebuild thread? It is really good and easy to follow, I think you should order a genuine Mikuni kit from OSDparts.com with the new needle, seat and lever and know everything is good.
I will recheck it this eve and advise , can u send me the link for the rebuild thread , thanks , I watched a few videos on ylu tube

I will recheck it this eve and advise , can u send me the link for the rebuild thread , thanks , I watched a few videos on ylu tuba
Bajaman posted the link just above your last post. You can also find it by looking at Mikidymac’s profile and then scroll down.

Follow the carb thread posted above please.

Don’t put pressure in the pulse nipple or you can damage the diaphragm.

You really should replace the needle and seat with a rebuild.

Follow the carb thread posted above please.

Don’t put pressure in the pulse nipple or you can damage the diaphragm.

You really should replace the needle and seat with a rebuild.
Hi

Yes found your thread will review it later off my PC,

So u saving the air test for pulse nipple should not be done at all ? Any other air tests to do other than pop off on the carb?

I placed another order for the seat and needle

I will check the diaphragm out for damage

Back