Winterizing-- 215 Intake Removal and 'purging'

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

Winterizing-- 215 Intake Removal and 'purging' water

Reading the manual and winterizing my boat this fall I noticed that removing the intake and running your boat with the intake removed to purge water IS NOT necessary for 215's, am I reading the service manual correct? Its only needed for the 255's... Anyone know for sure? Sure would save time and back pain!

Could you please post a picture of that page? I've never heard of that. The engine will not run with the intake manifold off.

Chester

111111.jpg
2222.jpg

This is what I'm reading for my 2010 210 Challenger with twin 215's. Its also the same for my 2012 RXP-X PWC.

Images fixed above--

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171019-211834.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-211834.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20171019-211846.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-211846.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, that's for the intercooler, on the intake manifold.

Chester

The intercooler(if equipped) is connected by rubber hose to the throttle body. Instructions suggest removing hose from throttle body, move it aside the throttle body and run engine to blow condensation from intercooler.

This would effectively purge condensation from inside the intercooler (if equipped), thus reducing chances of freeze damage to intercooler.

Attachments

• 4-tec intercooler purge.jpg
    4-tec intercooler purge.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 18
So now that we have successfully corrected my terminology... Any thoughts on the initial question?

ha, I'm trying to get you some help. I think you should just do it and if there's water it's gonna come out thus can't freeze and you'll know for sure.

Maybe someone else can provide a better answer....

So now that we have successfully corrected my terminology... Any thoughts on the initial question?

You do not need to remove the intake hose before the sc or tb on the 215. You do need to remove the intercooler lines on the other side of the motor though, in order to remove any water inside of the internal intercooler that sits inside the intake manifold.

Follow what the book says. The book says it's for the 255. It has an external intercooler with a hose from it to the intake manifold. Yours doesn't.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back