whitetinydog gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

whitetinydog

I have a 1999 seadoo gsx rfi which seems very tippy.it seems to occilate from side to side under power is there anyway to stop the occilating.trim tabs?

Hi, and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

I have a 96GSX (same hull similar motor) and it's very stable, so I really don't know what to tell you. Is the ski only tippy under power? If so maybe check the motor mounts. I also might be what you are use to riding, if you been riding 4-tec skis which are bigger and heaver I could see where the ski might seem tippy.

Lou

Whitetinydog

Hi, and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

I have a 96GSX (same hull similar motor) and it's very stable, so I really don't know what to tell you. Is the ski only tippy under power? If so maybe check the motor mounts. I also might be what you are use to riding, if you been riding 4-tec skis which are bigger and heaver I could see where the ski might seem tippy.

Lou

This is my first seadoo I have had many boats but this thing seems to occilate from side to side under power and even when you are cruising say 20 mph.Trimming it right down seems to help but I am sure these machines should be better than this.I have had boats that porpoise but trim tabs fixed that.I just wondered if they would help this side to side occilation,it's very unnerving don't dare to open it up,and I know this thing will move but not like this the waTer has to be glass and it's still wobbly,no good in any ripples even

The only thing I can think of would be bad motor mounts, and they would really need to be bad for this kind of behavior. See if you can rock the motor from side to side, there should be no or little movement. Where exactly is FLIN FLON, maybe we have a member nearby who could come and take a look.

Lou

I havent checked my motor mounts yet i'll have to do that this weekend as the gsx is out at the cabin.flin flon is in northern manitoba canada.i am a mechanic so i can check them myself.i'm a newbie to these machines so am looking for possible causes for this type of problem.i know it should not act like this or nobody would be driving or even buying them.i never noticed any noises ,thumping,banging or vibrations which you would think you'd notice if the mounts were that loose or broken.i never checked my intake grate either maybe something under there is out of wack.thanks for your input

are the sponsons in good condition not broken or loose? i too have a 99 gsx rfi and once owned a 97 gsx and are very stable and don't feel tippy at all.
also very stable at any speed. and yes check the intake grate and make sure it is not loose as well as the ride plate. also check the steering nozzle for excessive play. that all i can think of that would cause what you are describing.

The sponsons are in good shape and tight and the steering nozzle is tight as I had all that off to change oil in the jet pump.Iwill be checking out the ride plate too this weekend.thanks for your input.

checked everything out couldn't find a thing , everything tight and good shape.This rolling from left to right or side to side is v ery frustrating!!!! Any body have any ideas?

I'm at a total loss... Sponsons would have been my guess as well.. I have seen cracked sponsons do this.

Back