Which Model To Buy?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lapworth

Hello,

I'm new to the Sea-Doo world. My wife and I were looking at the current brochure and we had our eye on the 2013 GTI SE 130. She really likes the "lucky green" colour.

What I'm asking fellow forum members is...if you were to "re-buy" your first Sea-Doo, which model would you purchase and why? We just do not want to have any "buyer's remorse".

We would use this PWC just for recreational fun with the family. I don't really see us going top speed at all times, but I may want to...lol

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm new to the Sea-Doo world. My wife and I were looking at the current brochure and we had our eye on the 2013 GTI SE 130. She really likes the "lucky green" colour.

What I'm asking fellow forum members is...if you were to "re-buy" your first Sea-Doo, which model would you purchase and why? We just do not want to have any "buyer's remorse".

We would use this PWC just for recreational fun with the family. I don't really see us going top speed at all times, but I may want to...lol

Thanks!

hello.. and welcome to the forum! the 130 is an awesome bike.. i do admit that green is pretty sweet!!

i think if your just going to have some fun with the family it would be a great ski.. its a nice light ski that will toss ya around a little bit if you let it. if i do make a suggestion.. opt for the 155 motor.. the extra 25 really make a difference in top end and all around fun. and for the extra 15 bucks its going to be in the loan... itll be worth it!

if it were me and i had to do it again.. i would make exactly the same choice.. i think my gtx is perfect for me.. i ride mostly in chop so its really a smooth ride in the rough. the best advice i can offer you is to do your home work and ask as many questions as possible before you go out and buy it because it looks cool haha.

The ski you are looking at is a very comfortable and nice riding ski. The touring seat is SUPER nice compared to seats on the RXT's for example. If I could, I'd put the GTI seat on my RXT-X if at all possible.

One draw back is the 130 engine. It will run the ski just fine but not SHOCK you with out of the hole or top end speed. As this is your first, you will be happy with the speed until you get on something with a larger engine or someone cruises by you like you are going 20 mph.

My RXT-X breaks 70 MPH. What I LOVE is that I can be going 40 to 50 MPH and the engine is only at half of its rated RPM's and what not...

The options on the ski you are looking at are great. You will love the brake and the ease of reverse. Over-all, very nice ride.

Hello,

Thanks!

Always buy the most powerful one out of your choices. For example if you're undecided between the 130 and the 155, get the 155. It is so hard to add speed and power on the water. Back in 08 I had to decide between the RXT 215 and the RXT-X 255. I chose the 215 because I like the color scheme better. I've been kicking myself ever since.

Seeing a common link,,,,

As noted above, it is expensive to add speed. For example, it is not as easy as putting on a different impeller. You need more engine RPMs to turn the performance impeller (in most cases).

So, you would spend an easy thousand dollars to increase the engine HP and RPMs which will easily be more than it cost to get the upgraded engine...

I'm happy with my new GTI 130 SE. This is my 2nd machine and I'm above average in weight. I was having 2nd thoughts about the lucky green at first, but it's getting rave reviews at my marina.

I have a viper red 2011 gti 130 se. If I could go back Im pretty sure I would buy the same one again. It's not the fastest but when we ride, 90% of the time we are going 30 mph and I usually burn half as much fuel as everyone else.

Thanks for all your input....we decided on the "Lucky Green" SE 130 model. For the extra $1250(CAD) to purchase the SE 155, I don't think it was worth it to go an extra few MPHs. Plus, the wife did not like the "orange" colour.

We will be picking it up Monday afternoon.

Thanks for all your input....we decided on the "Lucky Green" SE 130 model. For the extra $1250(CAD) to purchase the SE 155, I don't think it was worth it to go an extra few MPHs. Plus, the wife did not like the "orange" colour.

We will be picking it up Monday afternoon.

I think the Lucky Green is an absolutely awesome color! Good luck with your new Toy!

I own one 255 and one 155. Every time I ride I still can't believe the difference. Granted, it is 100 hp more...

I would think you would notice the extra 25 hp, especially if you are heavier or were towing things...

I own one 255 and one 155. Every time I ride I still can't believe the difference. Granted, it is 100 hp more...

I would think you would notice the extra 25 hp, especially if you are heavier or were towing things...

That's my point exactly. I'm one of those guys...LARGE...and when my wife and I pull the plug and get a couple skis I'm trying to figure out a size of motor that would be matched for her and then what motor for me. No towing that I can see in our future.

Cya

That's my point exactly. I'm one of those guys...LARGE...and when my wife and I pull the plug and get a couple skis I'm trying to figure out a size of motor that would be matched for her and then what motor for me. No towing that I can see in our future.

Cya

I LOVE the Super Charged skis. Though you CAN go 70 mph, you don't have to. You can ride around all day long at 30 to 40 mph and it still be pretty economical as well as only working the engine at half of its rated specs.. Where a 155 engine is normally good for 52 ish mph. SO to cruise around at 40 mph all day you are at about 80% of its rated max...

I'm pretty light (170) and I will ALWAYS own a SC ski for myself and a non SC ski as well as most of the 155 or so skis have a better ride as far as comfort goes. That is for my wife and guests..

Cya

Well there's a guy I see on the lake sometimes on a newer RXT 260. He's a big boy, probably 300ish. He wanted to race last year and we did. From a dead stop my RXT 215 with me on it (175lbs) and full tank of gas just destroyed him. Even my friend with his 07 yamaha fx ho which isn't supercharged stayed right there with him most of the time. Rider weight makes a huge difference in acceleration but not so much on top end.

I LOVE the Super Charged skis. Though you CAN go 70 mph, you don't have to. You can ride around all day long at 30 to 40 mph and it still be pretty economical as well as only working the engine at half of its rated specs.. Where a 155 engine is normally good for 52 ish mph. SO to cruise around at 40 mph all day you are at about 80% of its rated max...

I'm pretty light (170) and I will ALWAYS own a SC ski for myself and a non SC ski as well as most of the 155 or so skis have a better ride as far as comfort goes. That is for my wife and guests..

Thank you for the info...I was thinking the same thing but didn't know for sure.

Cya

Well there's a guy I see on the lake sometimes on a newer RXT 260. He's a big boy, probably 300ish. He wanted to race last year and we did. From a dead stop my RXT 215 with me on it (175lbs) and full tank of gas just destroyed him. Even my friend with his 07 yamaha fx ho which isn't supercharged stayed right there with him most of the time. Rider weight makes a huge difference in acceleration but not so much on top end.

I didn't realize the weight would allow you to keep up with that guy's 260.

Maybe I am going to have to spend a little extra cash just to HAUL my big butt around.

Thank you

Cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back