Which Electrical Pin/Terminal Removal tool?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nammer

Hi everybody, i'm requesting the advice of the seadoo experts, again :)

I want to remove my hood on my seadoo spi, I believe I need to get a pin/terminal removal tool in order to get the harness out of the hole? I was wondering what you guys recommend that is very cost efficient, how bout any of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SeaDoo-New-Electrical-Wiring-Connector-Pin-Removal-Tool-/390218698316

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-14900-Wire-Terminal-Trouble/dp/B0002STTQG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/dp/B0009OR906/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y

another question is, in order to remove the hood, I'm supposed to drill the rivets out that hold the hood to the bracket, right?

I have the ebay one. I've been using it for a long time. (maybe 15 years) The plugs are generic, and GM was using them for a long time.

There is no reason that you should break a tool since they only push the retaining tabs back.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks doc, ordering it now!

sorry again if I keep opening threads :redface:

i know these are questions that get asked over and over again, and it clutters the site, but sometimes i feel it's very case specific, esp my jet pump issue :) but i really appreciate all the help i've gotten on this site, it truly is an invaluable resource

I have them available for sale....as well as terminals and connectors. Pretty much anything normally needed I keep in stock....VTS parts, rave parts, hardware, exhaust gaskets, solenoids, etc. I am a one stop 90s seadoo shop! Now...if I could just spend a week putting together a website since Im too cheap to hire someone...LOL

I have them available for sale....as well as terminals and connectors. Pretty much anything normally needed I keep in stock....VTS parts, rave parts, hardware, exhaust gaskets, solenoids, etc. I am a one stop 90s seadoo shop! Now...if I could just spend a week putting together a website since Im too cheap to hire someone...LOL

:facepalm: (that icon should exist) i just bought off ebay then clicked over here, i'll check next time!

Don't you sell on eBay ?

for real about the ebay fees, its roughly 9%, and then the paypal fees are between 3 and 4% now. it's robbery

Sellers on ebay lose at least 12% of the sale. Ebay takes 9% of the final total including shipping, and paypal take 3% of the total. That is funny too because paypal is owned by ebay so ebay gets all the fees. Now your first 50 listings are free and after that you have to pay insertion fees, lets say you want to list another 50 items well that will cost you about $30-$40. Many people may say hey you get 50 a month for free thas good enough, but the listings only last 1 week so lets say you list 50 items and only 12 sell, now if you want to relist those items the following 3 weeks youre looking at about $100 in fees. So to make a good profit from there is really hard now. now you will have to sell $100 in items just to pay your ebay fees. i really dont get the them charging you fees on Shipping too. If i charge someone $1 over the actaul shipping rate to cover the amount ebay takes just on shipping not my profit, they leave negative feedback or now they are considered dsr, so now every single sale i lose 12% right of the bat by taking a hit on the shipping. The reason they do that though is people were avoiding fees by listing there item for a buy it now of $.01 and then charging $100 for shipping when it might cost $1 to ship. That scam ruined ebay for many legitimate users. Ebay is getting worse and worse in my opinion, there new system makes it damn near impossible to be a top rated seller, i was until this month a top rated seller, i have 100% feedback, 5 stars in shipping fees, shipping rates, items as described, communication, well every category. I elected to indicate on every listing that i have 1 day handling, which i do ship every item the day after payment and upload tracking number. Well i had 4 people pick up localy that even left great feedback, well ebay didnt record me uploading tracking for those items so they penalized me by taking it away and guess when the next time they review my account to be eligble again 3 months. Yet a guy who has multiple negative and neutral feedback with tons of shipping issues, and bad items,but the guy uploads tracking number for everything still keeps his, makes no sence. Sorry for the rant i just want to educate people on fees because when they pay $50 for something they think i get the $50 nope i offer free shipping on almost every item, which i just figured in the shipping in the price, people dont realize how much shipping fees really are these days. On a $50 part i may get $30 profit. Which isnt profit either thats just how much i get out of the $50. The seadoos are not free and my time to remove the parts, go over the part, clean the part and list the part should count for something, not to mention getting bubble wrap, bubblemailers boxes, and my time at the post office.

i hear ya, i try to sell a bunch of things on ebay too, but somethings I have to really evaluate if it'll even be worth it, and the stuff that is not, then it's just to clear it outta the house/garage. I much prefer craigslist, but the market is so limited

another rant about ebay, i really hate how they did away with giving buyers negative feedback, i've had so many people win my auctions and just never respond. i would even leave a negative comment on their positive feedback, but then they could actually give me negative feedback :( i like to keep my 100%

another rant about ebay, i really hate how they did away with giving buyers negative feedback, i've had so many people win my auctions and just never respond. i would even leave a negative comment on their positive feedback, but then they could actually give me negative feedback :( i like to keep my 100%

I just got burned by a grand parent on Ebay two weeks ago. Sold a TESTED and WORKING fisher price car track from my son, verified everything worked. Low and behold they got it and it didn't work. Went through the troubleshooting with the guy, and he was "very upset" that I could sell something that was broken, I don't sell junk because I don't want negative feedback. So to make it fair for the guy I refunded his ENTIRE COST and SHIPPING! Never once did I get a thanks for making this right or any feedback as a positive. Well F you prick and he got the email with me asking if I had done a satisfactory job in resolving the matter and asked him to respond. All I got back was a one liner that I did.-what a WDi46 Did I mention I let him keep the track and that the money I gave him back he could go buy a new car for the track with. So in the voice of the Soup Nazi-- No feedback for you!

ebay and paypal definitely benefit the buyer, esp paypal, they will turn against a seller with almost no reason at all!

People def dont realize how pricey shipping has gotten...they just see free shipping and assume somehow it shipped free?? There are exceptions, but for the most part if its over 13 oz and bigger then a regular bubble pouch its at least $10 to ship. I hear just ship it flat rate...yeah its 10.90 these days and USPS takes no responsibility unless you pay more for insurance.

So thats why you need to know your seller and what they have. If you pay a little more for parts but put it in one box and ship it....in the end you will save time not waiting for 5 different boxes to show up, and money paying one shipping charge.

I had a guy buy a rave valve assy, i get delivery confirmation on everything, well he ordered it i shipped it the next day, 3 days later he gets it. Then one week after that he emails and asks where the other pieces are. I respond saying all the parts were shipped in the same package. I shipped it in 2 seperate parts bags in the same box surrounded by bubble wrap. The guy responds by saying that there was only one bag the one with the cap and bellows, he says there is no rave and conviently says that the only part he needed. he the proceeds to say that i must have a thief working for me and he probably stole the valve. Hmmm, weird i dont have employees and i packaged it myself and know it was in the box. Anyways i immiediately call paypal they say call ebay. I call ebay and explain everything and the chick from india says just tell the buyer to ship it pack and give them a refund. I say hold on the most expensive part that i sent he is claiming is missing. I email the lady a scanned copy of the receipt with the weight on it and the confirmation number. She still says to just issue a refund, i said so i have to eat the loss even though i followed everything im suppose to do. She says no youre getting your product back. I get loud now and said like hell i am, the guy clearly kept the part he needed claimed he didnt get it, so he is stealing from me and if i dont give him his $$$ hes going to leave negative feedback and will win the paypal claim anyway.

Biggest clue he stole it was, he waited 1 week after receiving it to say something was wrong. When i order parts im like a kid at xmas, when i get that delivery confirmation when im at work, I cant wait to get home and immiediatly open it. Then him trying to say someone stole it while packaging it. Ebay should log when buyers do this and see if ppl are doing it frequently and label them fraudulent buyers.

Anyways I say well i have another one and i will send you that, he says oh i ordered another one from another seller. So i give him his $55 back and pay for shipping both ways, so i lost more than just the part oh and i never got feedback from the guy, i watched his feedback and never saw anything showing he purchased another one.

I have waited a bit before opening a package but rarely. I think I would have to leave neg feedback on people like that. I would want to warn as many sellers as possible about what kind of thief he was. What does the glitch on your record cost you?

this thread should be "why ebay sucks"

but bellman, the thing about leaving "negative feedback" is you can't for buyers, you can say whatever you want, but probably 98% of people won't see it because it'll still be a positive feedback

Yep, I fell for it and paid the 10 bucks free shipping. It's been the greatest thing though, I use it all the time. I had a minty stator that some hack snipped(the old me) laying around forever taunting me to buy the right tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back