Where's the bog coming from? 96 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMAN1

96 XP. Rebuilt the carbs twice, all mikuni brand new except the internal filters which are aftermarket, all fuel lines new (with new clamps), Pop off matched 32psi. carb and carb lines after the y fitting on the return side hold pressure continually. New spark plugs. New rectifier. New Battery.

Starts and idles perfect. Punch it and it bogs, feather the throttle through the bog to about 3/8ths- 1/2 throttle then it runs like an animal through the rest of the range up and down, and returns to idle without issue. Punch it again and the same bog. Seems like its flooding maybe? Are my jets wrong? Only thing that seems off to me is that the fuel return line has a lot of air in it at all times when running even though the carbs are sealed like I said and the input fuel lines don't have air in them. Ideas? Thanks guys.

Pop-Off is a little low in my opinion. The 787 likes 36-38psi. What is likely happening is you're rich because of the pop-off setting and the engine has to burn off the excess fuel before it can accelerate properly. If you have a genuine mikuni kit, and genuine mikuni needle & seat and "black spring" without touching anything "pop-of" should be spot on. I went through 2 sets of carbs on 2 identical GTXs "5-times" to arrive at my current opinion. I started at 23 psi with an aftermarke rebuild kit. :D

Did you check the 4 ports in the carb barrel for strong streams? If those are not spraying properly that will give you a really big bog and sometimes prevent the ski from getting past 5k rpm. Good Luck !!

Are the carbs Leaking?,,,pressure test them,,,did you replace the fuel pump check valves?,is the fuel bowl full?,,,try by-passing the fuel selector,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back