2001 Seadoo XP 5500rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bobby2k

Hello all, my first post but I have been lurking here before and after buying my first Seadoo XP (2001)..

Currently I am having issues reaching above 5500rpm it kind of just bangs on 5500 like a hesitation or bog..

On land if I close the fuel selector I can rev it to 7000 but with it set to on or RES it only takes 5500-6000rpm..

I have checked on the water reg. as suggested in some posts - I did not remove it completely but the movement seemed free in it. The setting was on 2 1/3 out from flush, I tested with 3 turns out as suggested, no change

I have just cleaned the RAVE valves completely (small build up) and no change..

Fuel filter and o ring in water separator is changed, but the o-ring seemed to no fit as snuggly in to the groove as old one (can I verify air leak here somehow?)

If I pull choke while riding wide open it dies, feels like it gets too much fuel?

Engine was completely rebuilt for 2020 season with carbs aswell by a shop, under previous owner, fuel lines replaced but with grey lines (still soft and new looking)

Engine has afternarket filters and finger throttle, I changed the throttle cable and setup the TPMS so it reads 5V all the way to ish 80% throttle and then 0.2V

The fuel valve for 951s is the 5/16 version that is 3x the price of the others?

What should I try next? Straight feed from fuel pickup to carb with inline filter?

Best regards, Robin

Compression is measured to 130 on both cylinderw, new plugs and cables snipped to show fresh copper..

Next is probably clean the small filter in the carbsand changes the fuel lines..?

Do not install inline filters.
Carbs should be your first stop with brand new Genuine Mikuni parts.
Also aftermarket air filters are a bad idea on the 951 and can cause them to run really lean.
You will have to change the jetting and few shops have the specs anymore, you might try Watercraft Magic in Glendora CA.

Do not install inline filters.
Carbs should be your first stop with brand new Genuine Mikuni parts.
Also aftermarket air filters are a bad idea on the 951 and can cause them to run really lean.
You will have to change the jetting and few shops have the specs anymore, you might try Watercraft Magic in Glendora CA.
It already had them installed when I got it and it ran nicely, I will check the jetting to be sure... but first ill tackle the fuel lines and selector I guess...

As the behaviour changes with closed selector..

Back