Where do you guys get your carb kits?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triorieel

I am in Ontario Canada.

The marina's around me keep ordering wsm, winderosa, etc... made parts. When I finally get what I think might be an oem part number with a marina it's over $200 and they don't know what is in the kit(because they never use it). I also get told I don't need to order a specific spring (I think they keep talking about the adjuster springs rather then the spring for the needle and arm).

I am having difficulties with online places as they do not respond to phones or emails(ie. osdparts). I don't like buying blind as I have been bitten by this in the past (ie. hidden shipping costs).

the seadoowarehouse that is affiliated with this forum, I can't find the carb kits on. And the contact page is for the forums contact page.

As I have already put money on a aftermarket carb kit that didn't do the job, I don't want to waste more money in that direction. As I have been told in the forums that is my current problem.

amazon.ca wants to charge 78.24+70 shipping per carb kit...and they only have 1 (I need 2). A second listing on amazon puts each carb kit at $237.20+$5.54 shipping. At these prices, I may start looking for a seadoo being parted out and take that carb.

Lots of reports with ebay genuine marked kits not being genuine.

Where do you guys order your carb kits from?
Who have you guys dealt with that you trust...or know not to trust?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been ordering from Nick Grillo of www (dot) osdparts (dot) com for over 5 years in 3 skis... only sells quality OEM carb kits, and some of the best out there as they include new stainless Allen screws to replace the phillips ones that strip out. Make sure to use your existing springs. They do not, however come in Mikuni packaging, but he is an authorized dealer. I have come to know him pretty well, and he's got alot of great advice from years doing skis. He sells all kinds of quality stuff for older 2 strokes and even newer 4strokes... great delrin wear rings, jet pump rebuild kits with quality bearings.... not the cheap Chinese sh@t of SBT and JetSkiPlus.... he also ships internationally, but shipping will always be a killer thete

The first 2 people suggest osdparts. I would like to ask a question osdparts never responded to.
Note: I know it's suggested to keep using original springs but I don't know if my springs are original (they are silver colour). They pop high 25psi (I'm supposed to be 19-23). So I think I should get the 80gram springs (based on the chart, I should pop at 21psi).

This is the kit I think I need for my 98 gtx ltd with 947 engine with dual carbs:
http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=595_602_1&products_id=8556
with 80gr springs
with O-Ring Formed for 46i (x1) (I think I only need 1 for the dual carbs)

The question I sent osdparts that never got answered:
The picture for the kit does not show the check valves. As I need the check valves, does the kit come with the check valves?
The check valves I need look like the ones in this other kit ( http://osdparts.com/images/OSD1230.jpg )

I know its hard for someone else to answer, but osdparts doesn't respond to me. so maybe someone who has ordered this kit knows?
(I feel this is wrong that I cant get this answer from osdparts)

Edit: Changed 'they' to osdparts for clarity

From us? We don't work for OSD yet you still expect us to have all the answers and have to answer each and every question you might have? We are average people taking time out of our busy lives to try and help others. We make no profit or benefit by referring people to OSD. ....

the kits I have ordered come with both the round check valves for fuel pump and the tiny clear check valve that goes on the back of the metal inset inside the carb.

I want to say the spring was more like .95g of I am not mistaken

From us? We don't work for OSD yet you still expect us to have all the answers and have to answer each and every question you might have? We are average people taking time out of our busy lives to try and help others. We make no profit or benefit by referring people to OSD. ....

Sorry, by 'they' I didn't mean the forum members. I'm sorry it came across that way (quick typing as I was heading out the door). I meant the osdparts site (I will edit the original message to state as such). I understand most people here are diy'ers in their own garage with their own set of experiences helping people when possible on their own free time.

The 95g seems to be common with these carb kits. I think I have 4x95g springs for the 1 seadoo. I should be running 80g from what I understand from the chart and pop-off pressure test instructions. I'll plan to order both to be safe and first install the 80g springs.

If you are talking about the 951 engines they have only one spring and it is specific to them. They take a different 95 gm spring than all the other Mikuni carbs.
Number is 730-03034

If you are talking about the 951 engines they have only one spring and it is specific to them. They take a different 95 gm spring than all the other Mikuni carbs.
Number is 730-03034
That's what I was looking for... thanks miki..... [emoji122]

Number is 730-03034

Thank you. If you didn't mention it, I would have not noticed. So that pretty much verifies the 951 gets a 95g spring (albeit, it's own version). That will be the spring I order.

That leaves me wondering, when you look at the pop-off charts 2.0 jet + 95g spring = 25psi pop-off (which my gauge verifies), but everywhere I read says I am supposed to be 18-23psi. This seems like a contradiction I can't figure out and will no longer worry about.

Here is an ebay auction. This is what I'll say is a fair price for a kit. You'll still need needle and seats. This guy charges you $15+ to ship 2 kits to Canada. Like I said, it's a fair deal to me.

The GENUINE part# is MK-BN46i You can google that all day long.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Seadoo-951-G...828bd4e60:g:1OUAAOSwUKxYdZFe&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

I'm really surprised about that on them not getting back to you. I emailed with them a while back at 11 at night inquiring about a part and they got back to me immediately. Said they actually would add the part to the website right away so I could order it. Have you tried to call them?

Here is an ebay auction. This is what I'll say is a fair price for a kit. You'll still need needle and seats. This guy charges you $15+ to ship 2 kits to Canada. Like I said, it's a fair deal to me.

The GENUINE part# is MK-BN46i You can google that all day long.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Seadoo-951-G...828bd4e60:g:1OUAAOSwUKxYdZFe&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

More then fair on the price. I was getting used to seeing them a lot more then that locally.

Edit: I also REAAAAALLLY like how they have a picture that circles EXACTLY what parts are in the kit. No guess work.

This is the way I am going to go. Went through his store and can see that he also has the 786-35018-2.0 needles (I saw mikidymac mention about this on an ooooold post a few days ago).

Number is 730-03034

I wonder if this is my problem...what is the difference? I have some springs that look trimmed that might have been in mine.

I'd be surprised if Nick didn't get back to you immediately. I've been ordering from him for 6+ years and have met him on a few occasions. He always has replied immediately and done anything he can to help where he could. I'm about an hour from his shop so have picked things up a few times. One occasion he got my order late and called to offer to drive it part way to me so I'd be set for a holiday weekend. He's also very active on the seadoo owners Facebook group helping ppl where needed.

I'd give him a call and I'm sure he can get you whatever is needed.

I tried osdparts first because it was recommended by the site seadoosource. I have found that site quite helpful for numbers and concepts. I even used that site to get a basic idea of seadoo's before purchasing mine last summer. That site is the reason for my choice in the seadoos that I purchased. Most of my seadoo knowledge came from that site. So I figured I would try who they recommend and relate with first.

Obviously some of you have had good dealings with osdparts; to the point of knowing the owner/workers name.

I tried phone (the number was difficult to find) and contact form and went unanswered, and when you combine that with how they state they probably won't answer the phone, prefer to use the contact form and when that's not enough, go to the pwc forum... Kind of left me confused. Yes, I checked my junk mail folder.

Even typing this response, I had to verify the name with the url again with a previous message above to make sure we were talking about the same place.

A whole lot of possible reasons why (the answer guy is on vacation, doesn't understand my question, a dislike for people new to working on seadoos, etc...) but I don't know because I have not received a response. I tried contacting them on Monday or Tuesday. This is days later. I figured that was long enough before moving on.

So, I have decided to go with racerxxx's suggestion.
I can't mention enough how much I like the diagram picture on that ebay link with the circled items that come in the kit.

With the help of everyone here, correct part numbers, updated part numbers, etc.. I feel confident I have the correct parts.
As such, with great appreciation to everyone here

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back