Where do y'all mount your collapsible paddles?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krispy

As the title states, if you carry a paddle with you to use in emergency. Where do you put it?

I was placing mine under the front storage compartment, between the fuel tank straps and the tank, but I don't think it could be easily accessed on the water if I found myself stranded.

Thanks for any input.

Same here, just placed it in the front hull area under one of the vent tubes. With a tippy ski seems it might be a little challenging to remove the compartment, reach down and get the paddle, then replace everything but couldn't think of any other options.

Paddle??? You are aware that these things have a motor, just kidding.

Actually I keep mine exactly the same place, it's been there for the last 5 years and I've never needed it, so I guess it's a good omen. I've heard of guys velcroing them under the seat, but I don't know how well that works, seems like it would come loose from vibrations.

Lou

funny, i have a collapsible paddle and couldn't find a good spot for it, so Its leaning up against the wall in my garage, not the best spot lol

thanks for the idea, i never think about the front space under the bin.

On my GTX I wrapped some foam insulation around the wooden paddle shaft and stuffed it between the side of the gas tank and hull. Dhasn't shook loose yet.

Now I want to do the same on my GSX but there isn't much room.

Yep I just tuck it between the hull and the fuel tank. Every now and then I heard it bounce around so I used some velcro straps to hold it in place.

UPDATE:
My wife stopped by a West marine in Bradenton today and brought me home a collapsible paddle.
I stuck it in the front bin with the little knob handle almost under the gas tank.
Moved it all the way to the left then stuck a couple pieces of Duct tape to hold it.
I'll find out on Sunday if it stays in place.

funny, i have a collapsible paddle and couldn't find a good spot for it, so Its leaning up against the wall in my garage, not the best spot lol
LOL A perfect place for it! Thats where I'm putting mine since 9 times out of 10 when my jet ski is not working, it is in my garage anyways.

Cool tips guys! I have a buddy at work with a rapid prototype machine, he owes me a favor or two so I may design a mount for one.

Anyone know what kind of adhesive SeaDoo uses inside the hull? It's green and sticks like crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back