Where can I find carbs kits for these???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing the needle and seat of it leak around it anyway to fix that??

Pull it back out, make sure everything clean and smooth, then apply a light coat of lithium grease on the oring and put it back in. You'll find it should seat fairly effortlessly with the grease.

Ok great help thanks, dumb question why is the pop off pressure so important?

Pop off verifies it'll hold back fuel and prevent it from flooding the engine, mainly when it's sitting and not running. The carbs are designed for it operate at a psi range (23 to 43 psi) on the 787 carbs I believe. You don't want it to leak and not hold, which is where 'pop off' comes from. Also, on a dual carb setup you want that pop off to be close between the carbs, say 1+/- psi of each other.

Hello guys I cant get this pop off thing to do it’s thing I’m really determined to. Bend and unbend lever I either get it to high or not enough. I have not got this thing to pop once. Please give me some idea what I’m doing wrong it can’t be this difficult. Manual does not really give you much info

In your first picture you are using the wrong black rubber diaphragm and the seadoo’s don’t use the yellow paper gasket.

Use my carb rebuild thread up top in the Sticky section it will take you step by step. Also you might have already damaged the lever arm by bending it back and forth.

In your first picture you are using the wrong black rubber diaphragm and the seadoo’s don’t use the yellow paper gasket.

Yeah I took the yellow one out I was look at the BN 44 directions. Which black diaphragm should I be using?? Think looks like what I took out on the filter side. I’ve switched arms as well with one in kit to see if made difference. Sometimes I’ll get it to pump up to like 40 I’ll adjust the arm and it won’t pump past 25. My pump hand getting tired lol thanks

There’s 2 black diaphragms, one matches the carb cutouts and one doesn’t.

You also need to put some WD-40 in the needle to get it to pop.

Use my carb rebuild thread up top in the Sticky section it will take you step by step. Also you might have already damaged the lever arm by bending it back and forth.

That carb rebuild thread is excellent , think I found a mistake I made, on your thread the fuel pump block gets an o ring then the Mylar film, ( I put a gasket before and after film, looking at directions) I’ll have to take that out, just do O ring , film , gasket, thanks

Sometimes I’ll get it to pump up to like 40 I’ll adjust the arm and it won’t pump past 25. My pump hand getting tired lol thanks

Did you get new arms/pins with the kits? You shouldn't need to adjust the arms if they're new with the pin and the new 80 gram springs. I did 2 sets of 787 carbs for my ski builds, each time it was dead on 34-35 psi on the pop off, little wd40 and slowly applying air..

As far as assembly just go by the sheet with the kits for the BN40, a couple pieces will be odd fitting, those are for the BN38 carbs.

Did you get new arms/pins with the kits? You shouldn't need to adjust the arms if they're new with the pin and the new 80 gram springs. I did 2 sets of 787 carbs for my ski builds, each time it was dead on 34-35 psi on the pop off, little wd40 and slowly applying air..

As far as assembly just go by the sheet with the kits for the BN40, a couple pieces will be odd fitting, those are for the BN38 carbs.

Ok thanks got it to pop twice at 28 psi

Yes, that's great if they both popoff at the same pressure. Don't neglect the tiny holes talked about in the Carb Rebuild Thread. Getting those to flow cleaner properly is a must. Pulling a single wire from a wire brush works great for those.

28 psi is a little on the low end but still within spec, 35 range is ideal.

Are you 100% sure you are using 1.5 needle and seats and Black 80 gram springs?

Yes, that's great if they both popoff at the same pressure. Don't neglect the tiny holes talked about in the Carb Rebuild Thread. Getting those to flow cleaner properly is a must. Pulling a single wire from a wire brush works great for those.

Ok great have not done the other one yet, this one has an accelerator pump on it but should be the same I hope, thanks for your reply

28 psi is a little on the low end but still within spec, 35 range is ideal.

Are you 100% sure you are using 1.5 needle and seats and Black 80 gram springs?

Image1580932828.403763.jpg

It is low but I’m a little on the shy side to mess with it unless you think I should. The next carb has the accelerator pump on it, I can still use your carb thread? It has been a great learning experience and a very helpful tool as well as all the people on this site.

That carb will only use the shaped o-ring on the fuel pump side.

Yes, it should have a filter.

So I tried but failed, ski runs good rev it up but isles like crap and stalls think it’s loading up, could it be my pop off to low 28 on both. Also leaks in one corner, are these even the right carbs? My other 97 GTX don’t look like these(missing accel pump), should I get new one?? ThanksIMG_1376.JPGIMG_1377.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back