What's your year...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The install in the rear was just unpractical. The stock battery only fit in one spot and that was near the center of the ski, which would do no good to counterbalance the lean. Where the exhaust resonators are would be a perfect spot but the battery would have to lie flat so you would have to get a sealed gel battery and lay it down and secure it somehow.

I like it in the front, easy to get to and I can see if the mount breaks and it is flopping around but it is very sturdy and I beat the hell out of it with no failures. As far as battery cable umm I want to say it was 8, I went to Advance Auto and got a lawnmower battery cable and added it on to the existing cable. You won't regret moving the battery, IDK how seadoo didn't notice the lean. The test riders must have been heavier on the left side of their body or something. IDK... but I agree with ski-d00 they should have supplied a kit to existing owners, wouldn't have cost them much at all to fix a problem that should have never made it out into production.

I think I might give the rear a shot. There is a large area where the resonators were as you know... I agree and checked the stock battery is too tall, but I need a new battery anyway and have found a few with nearly the same footprint, but shorter. We'll see...

I know this has been asked before, but can someone PLEASE take a PIC of their DI battery and compartment. D5UPE maybe, anyone?

I would take pics of mine but it is buried in storage and won't see the light of day until May.

I would measure how far off center to the left you can get it by putting it in the rear vs. how far left in the front. It may also want to nose up more now with the battery in the rear because that is a huge change in front/rear weight balance but your trim should counteract that. It really needs to be as far left as possible though or it won't work.

I wouldn't use the DI setup as a guide because they moved everything around so it's not a good comparison.

Need some help....

I am in the process of relocating the battery in my 04 3D, and when I pulled out the styrofoam on the front left, I pull one the hoses.

There are 3 hoses that go thru the hull on the front left (I have only ever noticed water coming out of one of them). Anyway I disonnected the middle hose while pulling out the styrofoam and have no idea where the other end connects to. Right now I am assuming it is a battery breather, but I have a sealed battery. Can anyone help me with this, maybe a picture of where it leads to.

Thanks!
BigTwinLake.

one hose does nothing, one is a fuel breather, the other is the water outlet pisser.

I relocated the battery to the rear right after removing the exhaust baffles, its quite a big job but well worth it.
You need a sealed battery so it can lay down and you need to make a bracket and manage to drill and rivet it down in a very tight location. Also its good to have a trickle charger lead attached to the battery and the plug end somewhere you can reach it (mine is above the fuel tank) for charging and testing voltage
dsc02282fu.jpgdsc02261q.jpgdsc02262lh.jpg
The last pic is all of the exhaust parts i got rid of

you are correct, it is a battery vent hose. just let it lie in the hull since you have a sealed battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back