what's it worth?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoSeaDoo

I'm looking at a deal: 96 seadoo xp with the lame pink lower hull, neglected under the sun, cracked seat in need of reupholstry (guy has the seadoo leather for it). Handle bar vinyl completely gone, styrafoam underneath is starting to rot away too... Engine threw a rave valve, will need at least one new piston. Motor currently seized, and stil lhas gray fuel lines. Battery dead, but mpem makes happy beeps when it gets juice, goes into diagnostic mode, etc. Comes with single trailer, also neglected, but not TOOO shabby. Ski comes with new prop and a couple extra ones. What do you guys think? What's it worth?

From what you say it doesn't sound restorable, eventhough it's a hellova ski. For a parts ski 200-300. Let me know if you part it out and what parts you are selling.

Lou

Also if the ski is registered, it could bring a little extra, for someone who has an unregistered ski.

Lou

It's ass-ugly, and going to need more cosmetic work than motor. Motor is toast, the rave valve broke and teh bottom portion fell into cylinder... Dr. Honda did you say get $500 for a running ski?

Yep... ugly and running... $500 to $1000 depending on what it is. If it's ugly, and has a blown engine... I wouldn't touch it. Most likely, you will find other problems... so parting it out won't make you a profit.

Last year I picked up 3 diffident skis for $500 or less. One, I rebuilt, and am using it... the others got parted out.

Idk, I haven't seen too many XP's in this area. What would you guys give for one that needed a lot of cosmetic stuff, as well as a new piston/jug? MPEM is confirmed good, and it has a trailer, that's got to be worth something right? The internals look unmolested, noone's tried to hack it it seems... What would you give for it? Guy's asking $500 for boat and trailer...

I'd say it's worth 500, a decent trailer is worth 200, and even if you use the motor for a core it's probably worth it. Are you going to restore it or part it out. Offer the owner 400.

You're probably going to have, by the time you restore this ski over 2000.

I just purchased a good running 96XP for 1400, I know I got a good deal, but there are also other deals out there, be patient.

Lou

I guess the temptation here is that I have ALL the engine parts necessary to have this baby screaming by the end of the weekend. The parts are just collecting dust. I bought a motor, and thinking it was no good bought another just to discover that I had an altogether different problem. I've got tons of carb parts too, and even 1/4" fuel hose. I EVEN have the clear coat I plan to put on it once I repaint the bottom. Going to make it look like the 99spx. I just find the 95xp pink hull design too girly, though if the stickers weren't as faded, it would be nice for the gf.

$500 is OK if the trailer is nice... and you can confirm that the VTS, and gauges work. You can at least break even on the part out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back