What I did to my 4-tec boat today...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstalled my rebuilt superchargers today. Only a few hours to get everything back together. A lot less time than it took me to to remove them 2 weeks ago.

I made a bench to go over my engines so I could work on them without abusing the engines. That worked great.

It was 85 here in Phoenix today. It will soon be warm enough to head out to the lake!

Awesome! I have to reinstall my rebuilt SC still but planning a day of it along with a good cleaning and installing a couple new speakers.

I replaced the courtesy deck lights on my 180 challenger with LED. Just pop the cover and switch the standard bulb with a 31 mm festoon style LED. I got mine on eBay but there's an Amazon link posted above. Good point they made about polarity - they only work 1 way. I didn't look at the Nav or anchor lights. The ones I bought that worked for me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131705662461?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just finished swapping the courtesy lights out for blue LEDs between rain showers here in sunny Florida. HaHa Yes, they only work one way and look cool. Took about ten minutes to do all three. Bought them like you did on Ebay, 10 for $10.98 and they match my blue LED speaker lights. Now only if I used my Seadoo at night.

Put 2 new tires on the trailer today. I can't believe how soft the rubber is on the bias plies. While they were swapping them out, I was looking at all the zincs and noticed I have some corrosion on the reverse bucket frames. Picked up some spray paint today. If I don't head out tomorrow, I'll be removing them, cleaning them up and repainting them. I'll post some pics when I remove them.

Discovered an easy way to clean seats/vinyl. Wipe down with soap and water. THEN... Wet one of those Ajax Stain Remover sponges. Lightly rub, and stains transfer to the Ajax Sponge. Rinse the dirt out and continue. The trick is, don't rub hard. Just lightly rub, and BLAM - white again!

Well Easter Sunday, we took the ShrinkWrap off, summerized, the went and found open water

371.jpg

372.jpg

Here are the photos of my engine bench. I made it out of scrap plywood and 2x material that I had in my garage. The plywood was 20"x48" before I cut the corners and added the notches. The 2x6 was already warped so I used that to my advantage. I only used 7 screws to hold it together.

The key is the notches that engage the opening around the engine. That kept it from sliding around.

160329.081208.2181.jpg160329.081222.2182.jpg160329.081244.2183.jpg160329.081302.2184.jpg160329.081313.2185.jpg160329.081330.2186.jpg

Never heard of shrink wrap for boats, that's kind of funny.

You obviously live were it is very warm year round. But, most boat manufacturers wrap there boat for shipping. Watch deliveries going down the road......

If you are to do a google search, you will find it is used in many industries; transportation/shipping, construction/scaffolding, storage to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously live were it is very warm year round. But, most boat manufacturers wrap there boat for shipping. Watch deliveries going down the road......

If you are to do a google search, you will find it is used in many industries; transportation/shipping, construction/scaffolding, storage to name a few.

It isn't crazy warm...we get snow...1-3" average though. I just left the cover on my boat but also had it winterized. Was it easy to do?

I reinstalled my rebuilt superchargers today. Only a few hours to get everything back together. A lot less time than it took me to to remove them 2 weeks ago.

I made a bench to go over my engines so I could work on them without abusing the engines. That worked great.

It was 85 here in Phoenix today. It will soon be warm enough to head out to the lake!

If it were 85 here I'd be out!!

We made it out on the water again today. Water has warmed up 9more degrees from last weekend!!!! Last Sunday 51, today 60. Marina had few more boats in water and when we where leaving a few jet skis showed up (kawi stand up 800)[emoji41]. Now I am itching to get my stand ups summerized
43.jpg

Nice! I pulled mine up from the back yard storage location and removed the bird nest they was above the starboard jet pump.

I also took it on about a 10 mile circuit to test out my new tow rig. :)

Plan for this week:
1) wash storage cover and let it dry on the boat. Remove.
2) wash docking cover and let it dry on the boat.
3) wash the boat and begin de-winterization

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday finished replacing the valves and reassembled the head. Hopefully putting the head back on the motor tonight.
Stripped and re powder coated the supercharger. Ready to be rebuilt.

Speakers

Got the rebuilt SC installed. Replaced the spark plugs. Installed two new speakers. Ready to take on the lake now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 60
I just got my boat back from the shop. Had an amp and sub woofer installed. I put the fusion 10" sub in and omg that thing pumps the bass...and it's only running off a 400w amp that is also running power to my fusion speakers. I can put pics of the sub up later.

Installed a new bimini light plug today. Picked up a Perko Deck Connection plug. The old one was falling apart. This seems to be better quality.

160409.144042.2243.jpg160409.144055.2244.jpg

One of the existing holes lined up. Had to drill 2 new holes. Replacing the actual wires is a task for another day.

Removed the port air intake grill. There were only 2 spots of glue still holding it on.

160409.144212.2249.jpg160409.144236.2250.jpg160409.144415.2254.jpg

I'm going to use 3M 5200 to attach the grill. Not sure what is going on with the blob of putty like stuff under the fasteners on the boat. I think the dealer tried to fix this before, maybe this was part of their heavy handed attempt.

Took our boat out today for a shakedown run after re-greasing the pump bearings and re-assembling everything with the newly refreshed reverse bucket brackets. Aside from the wife being unable to secure the boat to the dock when we launched in some ridiculous winds, the day went well and the boat ran like a champ.

20160409_130525.jpg

Not today, but yesterday:
-pulled the boat up from the storage location
-installed battery
-cranked w/ old plugs to burn off fogging oil from winterization
-topped off the fuel

Setup the candoo software and changed owner and ownership date. Reset maint hours.

Best part was the previous owner said that there where about 250 hours on the motor and actually only had 101.2
Last time the engine was maint by a dealer was 64 hours

cant go wrong with that.

Setup the candoo software and changed owner and ownership date. Reset maint hours.

Best part was the previous owner said that there where about 250 hours on the motor and actually only had 101.2
Last time the engine was maint by a dealer was 64 hours

cant go wrong with that.

best thing i got was the candoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back