weres my injector oil going

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctord66

i fill my injector oil tank and run my 1988 bombarder for ten min and all oil is gone from tank where would it be leaking from tank stays full when not runningas soon as i run it a vary short time tank is empty? it appears to be coming out the exguast port

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey doctor. The injection system uses very little oil when operating, if everything is functioning properly. If it's gone in the short amount of time you described, your right it's leaking out somewhere.
Is the oil all splattered down in the hull? First thing I would check would be the cap, make sure the rubber seal under it is good and it's properly sealed. Then for the lines, follow them from the tank to the pump, to the carbs.

Sounds like a bad rotary valve leak.

Pull the spark plugs, and turn it over with the starter. If oil spews out the plug holes, that's it.

The rotary valve is down on the bottom of the motor, in the middle of the crankshaft, and has a brass gear on it. The crankshaft gear turns the rotary valve, which allows the fuel/air/oil mix to come into the crankcase, at a pre-selected time. This set of gears has lube from the oil tank. Thats what those hoses from the oil tank are for. When the seals go bad, oil goes straight into the motor, from the crankshaft. And, usually, that means a new crankshaft.
Alot of folks just put a short block in them at this point.

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back