Wave Surfing-Can It Be Done Behind a 230SE?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Spectrum726

Hello!
I have a 2008 Seadoo Challenger 230SE. My daughter now has an interest in wave surfing behind the boat and I have not a clue how that's done, though she says she's gonna show me....Which is what kids do for the old folks nowadays, right?

Question, can you wake surf behind a stock 230SE or does it require modifications. If modifications are required, what would they be?

Thank you so much!!!

No, there is no way you are going to be able to surf behind that boat. You need a ton of weight and that is why they now make surf specific wakeboard boats. My friend has a Mastercraft X-45 with about 1,000 lbs of ballast in addition to the factory ballast tanks and even that boat doesn't have a good surf wake.

You can try as is but there really isn't anything that will help.

If you aren't worried about money at all, they have surf foils. They require way less wave. You can even just pump to get around. Maybe those would work because they say you can do it behind almost any boat. They are like $1,200 minimum to get started though :money-mouth:

I have serious doubt. A long board (aka LOG) would be my best guess short of something made specifically for this.

I think you better consult youtube for proof and do your homework. Years, no decades ago, my short board attempt at wake surfing proved my 19ft boat wake was totally insufficient.

Back