Waterbox Rattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

6KJR

So I was out today for a ride. Came back and threw the machine on the trailer. Bounced it from side to side and noticed the common "tink tink tink" sound coming from inside the waterbox.. What was the issue with these things again and what are most people doing to solve the problem?

97 SPX

I have never heard of this and frankly I don't know what the inside of the water box looks like. I don't know if it's one piece or if it has baffles inside. Maybe if so maybe one of the baffles came loose.

The possibility that comes to mind, your ski came with two motors, if you have the 787, maybe you clipped a RAVE valve, and the piece or pieces are in the waterbox, if this is the case you got lucky. Also the only thing holding the waterbox in is the rubber strap, check and see if it came loose or broke.

Lou

Hmm. Ive seen some posts of older ones coming apart and parts breaking off inside BUT that the newer style like mine is supposed to be the upgraded model. Ill bet that a baffle pipe has come loose. Guess I will have to cut it open and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back