Water in fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokuspokus

My 2005 seadoo 3d continually gets water in teh fuel. I feel that the water is entering through the tank that allows air to enter the tank. This vent has no provision to trap water that also enters the vent which is located in front of the seat onthe left side. Anyone having similar problems or have a cure.

Vent...

Your vent line does not work in that fashion. It's not an atmospheric tank. Fuel expands when heated. It also expands when shaken, creating pressure. The vent systems on the Seadoo's are set with a one way valve that is designed to open at 1 psi. If you are getting water in your fuel, then it is possible that your one way valve is bad.

Take it out and connect it to clean hose. Blow through both ends to see if there is restriction to your blowing. By mouth, you normally can't get that valve to open.

thanks for the reply. without any effort you can blow air thru the valve into the tank, but you cant suck air thru the valve. this is how i think water is entering the tank.

Mines the 947 engined 3D di, Had a new fuel pump fitted last September on a 2007 ski. The problem was water in the fuel tank.
If you look at the hose from the tank you'll see theres a run off hose exits the hull below the bumper strip at the front.
I reckon this was the problem on mine. yes theres a one way valve fitted, but there not worth the hassel. with my ski I do alot of wave jumping and flat out running over chopy sea conditions. My ski turned upside down and was still running for a couple of seconds. Enough time to draw water into the tank which acts like a vacuum.
Now put in place longer breather hose and pinned higher up in the hull in the hope this costly condition doesn't happen again.
Ive tried a water catch bottle in the hull but this proved costly aswell as it became loose through hard riding and blew my ski outa the water.:redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back