Water coming in engine compartment and reverse lever won’t click down in place

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

susanmac

Please help if you have any suggestions. Water is getting into the inside. Gasket leaking? Or how does the closed loop system work? Could water leak on inside?

Well if the water was coming from the closed-loop part of the cooling system, it would be the same color as the antifreeze and you would notice that the level in the expansion tank has dropped; you'd also be experiencing engine overheating.

If the water is coming from the open-loop part of the cooling system, that's easy to see. When I had a problem like this I took my ski to the boat ramp and ran it with the seat and seat support removed. With a flashlight, I could see the water was leaking in from the center O.P.A.S valve. The gasket was leaking.

The 2005 is the one giving us the trouble. Also the speedometer display quit working. And I need part of the seat recovered.
‘06 gti seems fine.

Have you checked the lock nut that holds the reverse cable in place. They are very common for breaking. If they brake water will come in and the cables operation will be effected. Look with a flash light at the back of the ski and see what the cable looks like where it enters. My guess is your lock nut is broken or loose. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back