water in oil on 2007 RXP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsa

Hey,
I am not very familiar with Sea Doo motors but my 2007 RXP has a tan oil now. The coolant reservoir has not gone down, and the coolant has no oil in the reservoir, when I started the ski it spewed out an abnormal amount of water and started to idle rough and I noticed a steam vapor coming from the water inlet port. I noticed the oil when I removed the dipstick to access the spark plugs. It has 130 hours on it, well maintained but could it be a Shaft seal or something else? Are there any indicators or tests I can do to make sure it is not the head gasket? any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. The plugs did have a little rust on them, I will pull the valve cover off when I get home from work to inspect further.

Last edited:
If your not loosing coolant then it's the intercooler.the motor is closed loop.and only lake water is going thru exhaust and intercooler.did you tow the machine?did you try and flush the machine without it running?

Thanks, I did not tow it I was running it to get it ready for winter. I believe I had the water on before I started it and I have very high water pressure, now that I think of it, I wonder if that was the problem. I will research that, thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Mike

Yes, that is your problem. You started the hose without it running and the water back flowed into the cylinders. You are lucky that you got it started at all and that is why it spewed out so much water once you started it.

What you need to do now is change the oil and filter and run it on the hose and see what the oil looks like. I doubt you got too much water in the oil, probably just enough to make it brown instead of milky white so a couple oil changes will probably be enough. Ideally, you ride this for 30 minutes so that you dry out all the moisture in the oil. This is important because the water can cause rust in your engine and be a major problem if you let it sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back