video i want to see

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

docster

I want to see a video of an older twin rotax boat against a dedicated ski/wakeboat, like a mastercraft, malibu, supra, etc.

I want to see how the old twin rotax's hang with the new stuff in a straight line...like a seadoo challenger 1800 or sportster 1800 vs mastercraft prostar or something....make me a vid!

pretty please? cant find any online surprisingly.

I really don't think anyone has made such a video as there is very little to prove. Those big wakeboats are not built for speed. I could be wrong, but boats like the Speedster 150, or any SeaDoo that can pull over 50mph will blow a wakeboat out of the water.

The big wakeboats were designed for accurate speed, thus the twin speedo's and GPS throttle control. They are also designed to hold a solid speed carrying upwards of 1500lbs of water ballast. They are also designed to get on plane quicker, or create a surf wave, or power thousands of watts of music etc.

The list goes on, but I really don't think you will see any one of them tout their top speed.

After owning a number of musclecraft over the years too, there comes a time when I realized there were only so many ideal conditions days that you could really open them up. And with the cost of gas, I appreciate the fact that my current boat will cruise at 45 with 8 people in it and get pretty good mileage. Can it go faster? Yes, do I open it up? once in a while. It's just not important.

I should correct myself.... Is it faster than my buddies boats? Yes, and that's what really matters. HA! Enjoy!

I should correct myself.... Is it faster than my buddies boats? Yes said:
That attitude NEVER goes away..

I love to be cruising around 50 with my RXT-X when some punk kid comes by at about 10 mph faster laughing and smiling. I let him get by and then I floor it. I can hit 72 mph on my stock ski all day long. I smoke them and they turn off like they has someplace to go... LOL

That has always been a good time. Before those monster SC fourstrokes were around, I would play that game on my GP1200 in the 90's and my GP1200r in the early 2000's. Then the big fourstrokes came along. Not that they were much faster on the top end, as most will top out at the same place, but their accleration was unmatched.

It is cool for sure. I'm sure there are some Ski/Wake boats out there with that sort of power. But just look underneith a Super Nautique, that huge prop takes tons of torque to spin up. The engines are monsters, but nothing about them wreaks of speed. They could pull like a freight train though I bet.

The first time I saw a twin SC Speedster 150 bust it across a lake, I was blown away! I told my wife, that thing has got to be pulling 70mph! Sure it only held 4 people, but wow, it was amazing fast! I was just praying it didn't catch a rogue wake, cuz it would have been sent to the moon.

Back