What is this god awful noise? (See video)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you need a neo seal

Thanks racer, yea I looked even at the 96 and 97 parts catalog as well and those didn't show a neoprene seal, yet it's shown plain as day on the 95-96 XP's and spx

And yea I'll just get a new water box.
I also noticed that the HX driveshaft does NOT have a rubber bumper on the PTO side. Only pump side

Glad to see you arnt in it for a new motor :thumbsup:

Yes me too. Just having difficulty getting to the front side of that shock tower assembly where I can put the new damper on. I can't get a good grab on the 4 bolts that attach the assembly to the hull. The styrofoam insert is in the way. Trying to avoid pulling the engine and the gas tank if I don't have to. How did other people get to it? I read some other directions where the guy mentioned cutting a u shape into the housing but that's bc he was converting to the 96-97 setup. I referred to the manual, but the instructions aren't too clear

[MENTION=73220]1of500[/MENTION] , the manual begins the instructions, but mainly tells you how to remove/inspect the front driveshaft after you slide the rear drive shaft out. doesn't go into detail about getting into the shock tower to replace the damper on the back end of the driveshaft. remember, this is the repair manual for a 96 (or 97) they don't have a repair manual for 95, only a parts catalog, and the 95 has a slightly bit different setup..
So, when you say take the two bolts on the shock tower off, which bolts are you referring to? because the BASE has 4 screws into the hull, not 2, and the four bolts are covered partially by the Styrofoam insert, and im doubting seadoo made it so you have to cut away the foam. other option is removing the engine and tank, which I don't want to do.

Or, are you referring to these two bolts? (see second pic) because I took this entire front plate off, (has the 6 screws in it and everything) AND I took these two long screws out. how do I get to the inside of it?

Attachments

• shock tower.jpg
    shock tower.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 9
  • st.jpg
    st.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 8
ill be home at like 5:15 tonight.. I'm wondering if this top cover thing is supposed to come off.. its solid from the top. I've got the shock tower unbolted.

Attachments

• sol.jpg
    sol.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
[MENTION=73220]1of500[/MENTION]
Thanks bro, as soon as you left, I noticed that the Styrofoam wasn't actually attached to anything...don't know if it was at one time...but its not now... so, it slid right out the back and out of the access hatch. was able to take that second bolt out.. it needed a light tapping due to a bit of crust, but with the foam out of the way, it came right out.. didn't have to touch that 3rd one. that metal black top to the tower popped right off, now I have FULL access to the driveshaft assembly.

Thanks for all the help Teddy Bro-sevelt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back