I want to buy a 2005 seadoo speedster 150 215hp. How good or bad are they?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this looks like a good boat-- little to no work needed and ready for fun!

some polishing and waxing and it's good to go. It did had a service at a seadoo dealer about 8 running hours ago, so i'm already very exited
like a little kid a few days before christmas.

Another question, i also see alot of bayliners with a inline 4 cilinder or V6. How are they compared with seadoo? And by that i mean durability and fuel consumption?

don't buy the bayliner mini jet!!!- I had one- 90 hp mercury. HUGE POS!
I think it was called a "Jazz" and it went from 0-40 in about 8 days ;)
there is really no comparison between the seadoo lineup and the bayliner jazz. even they knew that and got out of mini jet boats. it was a strange few years back in the early 90's- traditional boat manufacturers saw a market in the smaller jet boats, but spent very little money making them any good. there were a few other makes & models out there too- but the fad lasted only a few years before BRP took the mini jet boats seriously and the rest got out of the business pretty quickly.

Finaly i had the time to do a testrun with my boat, and it was damn cold, because outside and also the water was only 60F, but anyway. Once back home i started the engine
to blow out any remaining water, and i saw this hose being sucked vacuum as i hit the throttle, and it looks to me as a hose from the closed cooling system, so does anyone know if this is normal?
IMG-20170720-WA0000a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you enjoy your new boat. I sold my 08 Sea doo 215hp and made a good profit. Went and jumped ship and bought a brand new 2017 Yamaha AR195 This thing is awesome. The Sea doo was my entry boat and if they still made them I would have considered one.Boat new.jpg

Finaly i had the time to do a testrun with my boat, and it was damn cold, because outside and also the water was only 60F, but anyway. Once back home i started the engine
to blow out any remaining water, and i saw this hose being sucked vacuum as i hit the throttle, and it looks to me as a hose from the closed cooling system, so does anyone know if this is normal?
View attachment 41691

Just so I understand....Are you saying the hose is squeezing in? That is part of the closed loop cooling

Hope you enjoy your new boat. I sold my 08 Sea doo 215hp and made a good profit. Went and jumped ship and bought a brand new 2017 Yamaha AR195 This thing is awesome. The Sea doo was my entry boat and if they still made them I would have considered one.View attachment 41692

Scarab does make seadoo like boats, but yamaha is also great, so i'm sure you wil have alot of fun with it.

I did, I didn't see any movement on either motor... I going to winterize my RXPX PWC this week and I was going to check that as well.

I'm going to start mine up one of these days and make a video of it, because seeing it is way better than try to describe it.

I'm going to start mine up one of these days and make a video of it, because seeing it is way better than try to describe it.

I just winterized my 2012 RXP-X 260, it is a different motor but I do see movement in the coolant hose when giving it quick bursts of the throttle. Not really sure if this helps you but thought I would pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back