Very loud alarm noise won't stop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonD

I would like to know how to deal with a very loud alarm noise, that does not stop and is annoying for eardrums

You are in the MEET AND GREET section. I suggest posting in the boat section for better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome to the Seadoo forum.

Well you could just disconnect the beeper, it's inside the handlebar cover, but I would suggest finding out why the constant alarm. The first circuit I would check is the temperature, start by disconnecting the green wire from the sensor on the head, it's near the pto side spark plug, if the sound stops you have a bad temp. sensor, or your ski could be overheating, if not post back.

Lou

Sorry I just noticed you have an Islandia, so the above info. really doesn't apply, moving this to the Merc. Powered sport boat section.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. (that happens often from banging my head on that overhead pipe) But who is the original poster here.....where is the original question?

Well, I dunno what happened, the OP was in the Meet & Greet, then it was moved to the 2-stroke PWC section and then I moved it to the Merc. powered section. Maybe the OP will see this and re-post.

The original post was something like this, he has a 2000 Islanda, and the alarm was staying on and he wanted to know how to turn it off. So I didn't see it was an Islanda, and seeing it was in the 2-stroke PWC section I posted my answer.

After I posted I noticed it indeed was an Islanda, I moved it to the Merc. powered section, and now we have lost the OP.

Lou

Umm,,, the original post has vanished... LOL

Let me see if I can figure it out. It may still be in the MAG section...

I'm confused. (that happens often from banging my head on that overhead pipe) But who is the original poster here.....where is the original question?

This is fun. I think the OP needs to find the root cause for the warning buzzer alarm, his engine may be in danger of grenading. I'm sure the owners manual states the possible causes along with a chart briefly describing course of action?

If the OP is still monitoring this thread, the constant alarm is most likely due to the engine mounted oil reservoir float/sensor...either low oil level in the engine mounted oil reservoir, a faulty float/sensor or faulty wiring...DO NOT OPERATE YOUR BOAT until you resolve what is causing the alarm to continuously sound...

The engine mounted oil reservoir is pressure fed from the remote oil tank...if you've recently added oil to the remote oil tank and did not tighten the filler cap properly the engine mounted oil reservoir will not fill and when it becomes low will cause the constant alarm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back