Vent Nipple

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landonhall40

First post on here so be gentle. So rebuilding a 02 GTX and have completely rebuilt everything on it. Went to check vent nipple and while loosening the brass thread broke off does anyone know of a fix for this or can you plug this vent line don't really understand this vent line. Aslo apparently this a beyond rare part because every place I have tried has it on back order.
Thanks in advance.

Do you have any pictures? I'm not familiar with your ski but might be able to help advise if I knew what you were looking at.

What is that supposed to be threaded into?

Almost looks like pipe thread on the end that is broken. I assume that the other end is just a nipple.

Are the broken pieces stuck inside of whatever it was threaded into? If it was mine I would drill out the broken pieces and see if regular pipe thread would thread into it. If it doesn't, perhaps you could drill and tap it for a pipe thread and use a $2 fitting instead of trying to get one from Sea-Doo

Oh you've got a DI, and that is the CB vent line. I had to replace one of those a few years ago, i think I was lucky and found it at my local ace hardware store, but I don't honestly remember 100%.
I'm sure someone like @Minnetonka4me has those laying around

What is that supposed to be threaded into?

Almost looks like pipe thread on the end that is broken. I assume that the other end is just a nipple.

Are the broken pieces stuck inside of whatever it was threaded into? If it was mine I would drill out the broken pieces and see if regular pipe thread would thread into it. If it doesn't, perhaps you could drill and tap it for a pipe thread and use a $2 fitting instead of trying to get one from Sea-Doo
I can not figure out what thread size it is and no I was able to thread the wrest out. Thank God cause it threads next to counter on bottom end and did not want to take that apart again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back