RESTO Two new X-4 restoration projects

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerxxx

Today started at 4:30 am and was all about 524 miles, 26.2 gallons of gas, a round trip of 9 1/2 hours and getting two X-4's to restore. So, back on 11-23-13 Mashenden posted he was selling his 95 XP 800 and his 96 XP that he bought as fixer uppers, so it was brought to my attention that somehow I needed to rescue these (Thanks [MENTION=43106]CReynoldsMIZ[/MENTION] ), so that brought me to today. The first step to rescuing these X-4's. A few emails and a few phone calls and the details were all worked out. Left at 4:30 AM with the old man rolling shot gun as he always likes a good adventure, 4 1/2 hours later (with a stop for breakfast) we backed up to Mashendens place, chatted a bit gave a quick look over, exchange of funds, load the skis, chatted some more and rolled out back up to Philly after a quick stop for some gas. All in all it was a great trip and got to meet Mashenden who I have to say was a stand up guy for waiting to complete this deal. So he got some garage space and I lost a bunch. Can't wait to tear into these and bring them back to life hopefully for this summer--funds permitting. Here is the load up and one of them safely back at my shop. Had to hi-jack the wife's minivan for the trip since I literally just finished putting new fuel lines and a fuel pump module in my Yukon and didn't want to risk a breakdown just in case. Individual threads will eventually follow, but for now some teaser pics. Thanks again [MENTION=62100]mashenden[/MENTION]

Mashenden thread:
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?60013-FINALLY-Closed-a-deal-on-a-95-XP800-and-a-96-XP

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That 95 xp800 looks good still. I can't wait to see it after you get finished with it

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

That 95 xp800 looks good still. I can't wait to see it after you get finished with it

These will both get the "full dip" like my 96 XP resto. It's fixin' to get real busy up here, gonna be a bunch of late nighters. I also need to do that 95 XP720 I got earlier in the summer. That will have to go up for sale after I finish the mini resto on that. I can't keep 4 X-4's and the HX. But I will keep my 96 XP, and these two XP's, plus my HX, and I still have 2 95 XP800 bare hulls at my dads.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one bad ass fleet! I'm looking forward to your resto thread. Your work and attention to detail is awesome

Ohhh baby, I love a good resto thread. Glad to hear you guys worked out a deal, hate to see those skis go to waste. Fill the fridge with beer and have at er.

Good luck.

The whole deal was right, he really was a stand up guy and gave me a very fair shake on the skis and was glad to see them go to me so I can do the restos on them. I have zero complaints about the deal, but inspecting them closer they do need some serious attention and it's nothing I can't handle. I'm definitely in for all new internals on the engines so far that I can tell. If the hood and seat weren't on the 95 I probably wouldn't have made the journey since they are the harder parts to find and really complete the ski. I really like a ski that has all it's original components. The 95 even has the original ALUMINUM water control valve on the water box, although that will get switched out for a plastic one--but it's cool that is still has it.

I love those 95 XP 800s, it would be really cool to have one and brighten it up. I think it's cool they have the info gauge by the key (guess no other option on a single gauge hood when you need two gauges). I just bought a tach off a speedster and am going to try cutting out that circle and using that spot for my tach or info gauge on my 96. (I know the OEM gauges suck, but I like it to look like it would have came stock like that).

Yeah they had the trim gauge in the hood and the info gauge by the DESS post. I would probably put the info gauge down low like the 95 800 and put the tach up top where you don't have to look down so far to see it.

Congrats on the skis. Hope all works out for you. Also congrats to Mashenden for the garage space. :)
Looking forward to watching the progress (tips) of these two skis since I am in the middle of a resto.

Have you ever seen one of these? The xp785 with the white number plate
11.jpg

I have no clue. I just ran across an old magazine that had a picture of it so I researched it. I've never even heard of it and definitely never seen one

mine is xp800 and Im Canada I don't think it was imported or any thing its never even had reg #s on it before

mine is xp800 and Im Canada I don't think it was imported or any thing its never even had reg #s on it before

They were talking the 95 with the number plate. its possible its just a number plate stuck on over the oem decals and the low resolution makes it hard to tell.

Glad to see a few more X-4s fall into the right hands!

Congrats on the deal! How out you mod that 96 some?

Yeah the 95 was never sold like that. I read that Polaris complained because they had a 785.

Have you ever seen one of these? The xp785 with the white number plate
11.jpg

I just remembered I was looking through some XP limited threads before and remembered that XP785 decaled XP wasn't even an X-4 hulled ski, but actually was a 94 hull. If you follow the link you will see the back of the hull is radiused and doesn't even have the rear exit exhaust. Sadly, it might not even have a 787 in it.

Jacked the photo from someone on GH

16.jpg

Congrats on the deal! How out you mod that 96 some?

Yeah the 95 was never sold like that. I read that Polaris complained because they had a 785.

Thanks Matt. Not sure about the mods. Plus knowing I have 3 skis that are parallel on performance puts it all to the rider on who's out front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back