Tuned 2 stroke faster than RXP-X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apec

Hey guys I know this is a very general question, but I have no knowledge and found nothing on YouTube. Is a heavily modded 2 stroke 1000cc ski faster than a new RXP-X? My IT guy at the office talks up his Yamaha 2 stroke (around 1000cc late 90’s), i don’t know all he’s done but I just know how damn fast my 2019 RXP-X is.
For the tuners out there, it’s obviously possible, but how much work is required to make an older 2 stroke faster than the top 300hp jetski’s out there today?

Post this on the two stroke section. I am sure you will get answers. The two strokes can be made to accelerate wicked fast. Not sure about top speed though.

You can spend pretty much tons of money on mods if that is your gig, and possibly it is faster. Certainly much lighter and with pump and engine upgrades and no speed limit it can go much faster than any factory machine currently out there. You couldn't beat new machines with a couple hundred bucks, it would take many thousands and it probably wouldn't be very reliable at those power outputs.

Depends on the conditions....
If you want to go just by the glass water top speed numbers they are about even.
RXP-X 67 mph

The bad boys of stock 2-strokes back in the day....
Seadoo RX-X 67-68 mph
Yamaha GP1300R 67-68 mph.

Now, if you want to talk about real world in rough water the RXP-X all day long. This is where the size and weight of the 4-strokes pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back