Trying to find the thru-hull valve on our new Speedster Wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

R3TRIBUTION

It might be a newbie question but was out on the water and just wasn't getting a big enough wake with the few ppl we had in the boat and I couldn't, for the life of me, find the thru-hull valve for the stock ballast system. The manual says it is in the engine compartment and shows a picture of the buttons to operate the device but not the valve that has to be open in order to fill the ballast. I have looked and can't seem to find any valve that needs to be opened and tried looking in the ballast compartment in the deck and there is no room to even look around in there all you see is the plastic ballast tank with no spare room. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and FIRST POST too!

Well, you asked.

Get your big fat aunt to go next time!

(sorry, I haven't a clue, but ya know, what I said really could work!)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nate

Hey welcome to the forum, and don't worry there are plenty of people here. Unfortunately many of us don't have the Wake model, so its hard to describe what we don't see...

Look on the sides and back of the boat on the outside, there should be a bunch of through hull fittings. If you look at your manual at the same time you should see that two of them are flushing ports for the engine, one is an outlet for the bilge pump, and there should be one or two bilge drain plugs (these look different as they have caps).

Beyond that there should be another one that looks like it is just open. If you then open the engine bay and look for the hose coming from that fitting there should be a shutoff valve. Based on the manual I saw, it only turns 90 degrees with the handle horizontal or vertical for open and closed (check your manual for which is which).

Attached is a picture of the valve from the parts guide on a 2007, see anything like this? The handle will likely be black, red, yellow or blue, but will be obvious

*EDIT* It looks like the through-hull port is on the *bottom* of the boat. nothing else would be on the bottom so check there first!

Attachments

• pump shutoff.jpg
    pump shutoff.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 27
Thanks bro, guess I'll clunk around in the engine compartment and see what I can come up with. I'm pretty disappointed in the pics or lack thereof in the owners manual.

Yeah I read through the manual before posting... it is just so helpful how it says "turn on the valve" and thats about it... good luck, let us know what you find!

I finally found the valve to open on my friends 08 Speedster Wake. Hope these pics help.

Attachments

• DSC01385_1.JPG
    DSC01385_1.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01387_1.JPG
    DSC01387_1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 36
I'm hurt!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you got your answer, and posted that.

Hey, I have been mutilated emotionally so many times, and so badly, that the shrink was bringing me HIS troubles. And that's how I got in this mess!

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back