Trailer parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wlester

I accidentally cracked a front light cover on the trailer for my 2004 4-Tec. I figured it would be common, but I cant seem to find a replacement cover. I sure as hell don't want the dealer replacing it. They quoted me $125 for a $10 part in the past. Anybody know a place to find common parts for the trailer?

Also, if we are towing the boat in the rain, it blows a fuse. Is this an issue with the trailer or my truck?

What does this cover look like? Usually the lights are held in place with a rivet or screw. Just drill/ screw it out and just replace both with a new lights so they match - auto zone, pep boys, Northern Tool all sell trailer lights. You are looking at maybe $15.

I have found that Tractor Supply has a pretty good selection of trailer parts. Here's a place on line that has just about everything.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Parts

BTW if you're going to replace the lights, use LED's they'll last forever, even if you leave them plugged in.

Lou

I'd like to know what light is in question... (I have a LOT of misc trailer parts laying around)

if its one of these little fella's, I can send you one for $5 shipped (I bet I have 6 of those)

78.jpg

for rear lights, I actually like the Harborfreight submersible LED's, they're great !!!

for misc trailer parts, i'm fortunate to have a trailer manufacturer approx 5 minutes from my office, they are 10% higher than etrailer, but shipping is zero, so it balances out.

I accidentally cracked a front light cover on the trailer for my 2004 4-Tec. I figured it would be common, but I cant seem to find a replacement cover. I sure as hell don't want the dealer replacing it. They quoted me $125 for a $10 part in the past. Anybody know a place to find common parts for the trailer?

Also, if we are towing the boat in the rain, it blows a fuse. Is this an issue with the trailer or my truck?

just realized we missed this part: fuse... hmmm,i'd lean towards a connection on the trailer that got wet. check them over. that would be the most likely problem.

Did you try the trailer manufacturer? There should be a manufacturer's tag on the tongue or frame, just google it. Mine was made by Karavan,(karavantrailers.com) I found all the parts I needed on their site and they all were an easy, OEM fit. Happy Boating!

Look at the lens for the brand name and model / lens number. Look close, it's there, or have younger eyes look. Or the other lens like it on trailer. Look them up on the Internet. Most part stores, even NAPA do not carry much in the way of lights. I found mine first try. Put Dielectric tune up grease in your trailer plugs.
Check for bare places in the wires. Like where it goes into the trailer frame. Near ground posts on the trailer. Pig tail may of been dragged on pavement and have bare spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Spim... Either a connection issue or a partially bare wire that is more affected when it is wet.

And,,, LED lights are the way to go for sure. You will never unplug your lights again and they show up in bright sunlight..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back