towing - trailer hitch height.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

Scan10003.jpg

Using the attached pic as a reference, can anyone tell me what height A would be for an OEM seadoo trailer that came with a 2012 speedster 150?

I appreciate any help - thanks!

-mick

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put the tongue on the trailer at a level plane. Back the tow vehicle up to the tongue. You will now physically see if need rise, a lower, or a level receiver.

If I had the trailer, I would do that. I'm driving 1000 miles to pick it up and I'm trying to setup things (as in pickup a couple of mounts) before I take off.

-mick

307.jpg

That adjustable hitch looks like the way to go, you must be getting a great deal to drive 1,000 miles to get it. Congrats, enjoy.

I'm about 19 inches from the ground to the bottom of the hitch on a Seadoo 180 trailer and the trailer is level. Anything between 18/20 inches and you should be A OK if you have the same size rims and tires. Mine are 175/80 13".

Perfect. I continued to google and 18 to 20 seems to come up a bunch. My current mount would mesh up with 20" and I think I have another that would align to 18. So I think I'm set. Thanks for the help everyone!

-mick

PS If this deal happens, I'll come back with pics!

So to follow up on what I found:

1) The oem trailer for the speedster 150 changed around 2008/2009 from 13" wheels to 12" wheels. The oem 2012 Karavan branded trailer has 5.30 x 12 wheels.
2) If the trailer main rails are made 100% level you end up with a height of "A" (from the previous pic I posted) of 13.5 inches. I towed at 18 inches and all was fine. Given the mechanics of the long front arms and single axle of the trailer, no big deal.

I just drove ~2000 miles over the past 36 hours to pickup the attached 2012 speedster 150 which included a test drive around a local (to Idaho) lake. As far as I'm concerned, the thing is mint with 81 hours. The thing is awesome!

-mick

PS I'm going boating tomorrow... ;-)

IMG_4897.JPG

Been cleaning up a few things. For reference, the standard seadoo white fire extinguisher (part # 295100056) is a kidde m5p.

-mick

Hey, throwing the wife out is the fun part!! LOL!!:thumbsup: Took me a time or 2 to understand that the boat can do it. As I'm sure you know, watch the cavitation at the end of the turn. I'm always one to ask....how much?$

As far as how much, 17k. The problem I faced was there are virtually none of these boats in Northern California and very few in California. Over the past four or so years I only know 3 late model boats that came up for sale in California and none were close to me. As far a cavitation, thats really what has stopped me from completing a 360 - but I'll figure it out! And I have a gopro setup in case the wife ends up in the drink ;-)

-mick

Just hold onto the throttle and when the 360 completes, the rear end raises. Just be ready to chop the throttle quickly, then nail it again. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back