2018 RXT X300 sputtering and lacking power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fixmyseadoo94

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm experiencing an issue with my 2018 RXT 300. The unit has 115 hours on it and has only had oil changes done as far as maintenance is concerned since being bought new back in 2018.

Tonight I took the ski out and while pulling away from the dock I lightly taped or bumped the dock with IBR scoop unit. Once, I got out of the wake zone I give it a little gas I could immediately feel something wasn't right. Basically it feels like there is a loss of power or something is slipping. Initially I was able to hold the throttle down in sport mode, get the supercharger to boost up and it would hit 70MPH like it normally does. I spent a little more time out there and it appeared to be getting worse so I came back to the dock.

Just as a little test at home I connected a hose to the unit, fired it up and was able to throw it sport mode, and have it 8000rpm with full boost displayed but once it did that, it was sputtering, almost like it was slipping on something.

Anyway I have another sea doo wake pro that doesn't have any issues so I crawled underneath to look at the driveshaft on both to see if I could figure out what the problem might be. I've attached photos, the teal is the wake pro and the yellow is the RXT. On the RXT it almost looks like there is a split between the impeller and driveshaft.

Would this be what is causing the sputtering and issues I'm having? I also have other pictures including the manifold if that would be of any help. I appreciate any help in a advance. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Also, wanted to add that after thinking about things, the dock was in pretty shallow water (its not normally, dam gets opened during fall), and its possible that i sucked up some sediment or small rocks but I didn't hear anything too crazy.

Back