Lake to Ocean Living

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santanig5

Greetings all,
We've moved in NJ from a fresh water lake to the ocean with out 2012 Speedster 150.
We are considering renting a boat slip for the season, but my nephew told me that we should not leave a jet boat in the brackish water of the river for any length of time as barnacles will grow in the impellers and intake, this makes sense to me, but can anyone give me an idea as to how long is safe?
If we leave the boat for the weekend, or for just the week and pull it out after 5 days?
Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks!

Probably your best way to know this would be to ask around locally. I've had a boat kept in a marina slip before, and the amount of growth can depend on a lot of factors. Different marinas in the same body of water can have different amounts of growth due to sunlight, current, bottom conditions, etc. It wouldn't take much growth in the jet pump to really hurt the performance though.

Probably your best way to know this would be to ask around locally. I've had a boat kept in a marina slip before, and the amount of growth can depend on a lot of factors. Different marinas in the same body of water can have different amounts of growth due to sunlight, current, bottom conditions, etc. It wouldn't take much growth in the jet pump to really hurt the performance though.
Thanks, good advice

It is never advisable to leave a Seadoo in the water. This is due to:

1.. As mentioned, barnacles and other growths can grow in the jet pump and reaching them to clean them in most cases requires disassembly of the pump.
2.. The carbon seal is not a perfect seal and will allow water to enter the hull. Over short periods, not a big deal but in lengthy periods it adds up and will most likely kill your battery.

Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back