Towing & Issues with Covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder01

Hey gents I'm having an issue while towing my 2 PWC. Once I get around 40mph & up my covers start to slip off starting 1/4 of the way from the front sides and it progress even further.

I have the 2008 GTI SE 155hp with new BRP OEM maroon covers. These covers do have 2 vent holes that allow it breathe & tighten to body. I have also tightened the bungee cords but still getting loose.

Are there clips or something else I should be using. I appreciate any help you could give.

There are plastic clips on the edge of the cover....should be more towards the rear of the ski that clip under the rub rail...most if dont think about it they will break off easy, like my family had done to both my covers to be careful!

I run 2 long bungee cords around the cover to tighten it to the hull. never flew off on me going 65+

Don't have your model, but I have a 96 XP and 97 Challenger, and I haul them everywhere with the covers on.

Both have the plastic suction tubes, which may help.

The more straps you have on it the better. I use bungees at some places, and keep the straps on tight, and also use ratchet straps. I don't want my covers flying off.

I have driven from Key West to Houston with the covers on, and it increases my gas mileage from 13.5 to 16 mpg on my 1500 hemi truck. Cuts down on drag of the wind hitting the seats, i guess.

so figure out how to keep it on, and it will protect the craft and increase gas mileage.

Thanks for the advice and I actually found those little clips on the OEM covers, amazing!!! I've been putting those covers on and off and never noticed the little black clips towards the end.

I will most likely buy some extra bungees to add support to the covers. Thanks again gents

The only bungees I use are in the loops about halfway back. I bungee those to the trailer. The top stays on fine without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back