Seadoo DI (Direct Injection) Fuel Pump Replacement Guide

Water Crafts
2000 SeaDoo RX DI, 2004 Kawasaki SXR 800, 2002 Kawasaki ZXI 1100
I see it's been a while since anyone has posted about this fuel pump issue. Is the HFP fuel pump selling on eBay still the best option for replacing the RX DI stock pump? Thank you very much.

DooWacka

Water Crafts
currently four 2001 GTX DI
Yes, it appears to still be the best. They now include both strainers, the can filter, and tank gasket for a bit more than half the original price (now $80). They also still have the lifetime warranty! The gasket should not really need replacing, and if you can blow easily through the can filter I wouldn't replace that either since it usually involves double oetiker clamps on each side.

Water Crafts
Yes, it appears to still be the best. They now include both strainers, the can filter, and tank gasket for a bit more than half the original price (now $80). They also still have the lifetime warranty! The gasket should not really need replacing, and if you can blow easily through the can filter I wouldn't replace that either since it usually involves double oetiker clamps on each side.
Thank you sir. Good point about the filter clamps. I plan on purchasing those clamps and tool just because of how bad the filters looked. I'm surprised this ski ran at all!!

Attachments

Water Crafts
Has anyone tried this with leaving the "foot valve" (metal and rubber washer) out? Or is that supposed to be the checkvalve? Thanks.

Water Crafts
Also, has anyone had the problem of the fuel filter that comes in that kit having too large barbs? It just rips the inside of the fuel line up. I'm guessing most people just don't bother with the filter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member