To suspension or not suspension…yes I have done tons of research

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth800

Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new to me 3 seater. Basically a GTX 260 or RXT 260. I have researched till my eyes hurt over the IS suspension option. This ski will be used for me and my wife.Some occasional tubing. It will be used on Lake Ontario, which can get rough. I would like opinions on handling, are they really that top heavy? How do non suspension skis perform with the S3 haul? I’m probably over thinking it but I like the concept of the IS but don’t like the weight, complexity and difficulty servicing them. Some people love them others would never own another one. All over the place. A 260 GTX limited seems like a great all around ski but if the suspension has drawbacks it’s not worth it to me. I’m also concerned that it’s been out of production since 16 so parts are going to be an issue at some point. Thanks for anyone with input to this.

To me...a GTX 260 with IS would be a nightmare. Even a simple DIY oil change...PITA. Having to rebuild the supercharger every 100 hours, PITA + $$. I'd have to realllllllly want that suspension to put up with that.

I wouldn't get a suspension model, more crap to deal with. I ride an old 08gtx155, and it's fast enough for me, and the wife. She alway hits me in the head when I go too fast anyway. Most of the time I cruise about 35-40mph, but she'll do about 53 on gps.

Thanks for the input. I ended up going with a non suspension rxtx. After looking at a few suspension ones that were for sale, I quickly saw issues and the added amount of work involved with doing maintenance and repairs. I saw a few of them with bellows issues or previous belllows issues that had been repaired. The idea of suspension is neat but the added complexity, weight and potential things to go wrong on an older ski sealed the deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back