TITLE QUESTION 97 GTX-Florida

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

I recently bought a project ski and it did not have a title. I can always by a cheap hull as a last resort but I am looking for alternative options. I have not tried to request a lost title yet because I am unsure of the laws and actively researching the details now. Do you guys have any suggestion on the most direct route to proceed that is cost effective?

Thanks guys!

The first thing you probably want to do is call the DMV or game and fish, whoever it is that handles boat registrations in your state and run the vin number to see if it is reported as stolen. If it isnt reported stolen, to get a title you will then have to either try to contact the registered owner and get them to sign off on it, or file for an abandoned title. That usually entails sending registered letters to the last known owners address, advertising in the paper, and then filing for the title.

Most states... it's not worth trying to chance down a title. (unless you know where the last registered owner is)

Find a cheap, blown up ski, and swap the parts into that hull.

i have a GTXL hull with a current florida title that might work, and i'm in Florida. i'd have to check but i believe its a 98 or 99, i've been waffling on rebuilding it or parting it out (already pulled the engine, its in another ski)

i have a GTXL hull with a current florida title that might work, and i'm in Florida. i'd have to check but i believe its a 98 or 99, i've been waffling on rebuilding it or parting it out (already pulled the engine, its in another ski)

Let me know what you need for it. Considering all options before I buy an xp and part this one out.

my bad...stored up messages all the way back from 2010. Wow how time flies! Empty now.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back