Timing gear

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2k1177

I have a 2005 RXP cranks wont start, error code P 0334 cam sensor, just replaced head with SBT remanufactured ,and upgraded to ss retainers , and springs. found crack in pto cover so this was replaced with arp crankshaft bolts. used locking tools when reinstalling, in reading the forums I noticed discussion to plastic timing gear cover, when I took motor apart their was no plastic cover , is it required?

The plastic cam gear cover is for the newer models with the mechanical TOPS. Sounds like you used some newer parts. Old heads and newer heads are not directly interchangeable. What all was changed? Old PTO covers and new ones are not interchangeable since the crank sensor is in a different location.

SBT said it was 2005 for a 2005 so I tore down engine completely to find that with crank tool in place , piston was tdc on 1, split case to investigate and found that locktool fell right between a gap . from the manuel and forums I assumed if lock tool inserted fully would guarranty TDC #3

You may have bent some valves. I would have the head vacuum leak checked.
The tool can be inserted pretty much anywhere that's why you should use a flashlight and look into the hole and you can see the locking hole position. The opposite end of the locking tool is used for putting that end in the hole and centering the proper position. If you align the counterbalance/crank marks, it will align the crank locking position properly so not sure how you got so far off.

It started as just changing the retainers and springs. So when I removed the head I rotated the PTO until I was watching for the TDC#3 was close but the lock tool didnt quite go in so I just bumped thePTO very little and the tool just dropped so I assumed it was locked. as far as lookingh down the flash lite and hole never crossed my mind till it didnt start. And I removed engine from hull after exhausting all other possible causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back