Time for the chargers to be rebuilt, Got a few quick questions...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kozzy4444

Hey SeaDoo Forum! I was wondering if PWC Muscle offers any type of discount for supercharger rebuilds for SeadooForum members?

I just removed the chargers from my twin supercharged 215 Rotax boat and noticed a bit of grease (gray in color on outer shaft) when sliding them out- IS A NEW APPLICATION OF GREASE ON THE OUTER METAL SHAFT REQUIRED FOR INSTALL? If so, what are the specs on the grease?

I DID in fact order new torx bolts from local BRP dealer and want to know if there is a set procedure for re-install or just reversing the removal steps..?

Thanks!

Hi there. There really isnt anymore we can discount these unfortunately. We tried to proce them as low as we could with our discounted price.

Send them on in and we will get you squared away!

Hey SeaDoo Forum! I was wondering if PWC Muscle offers any type of discount for supercharger rebuilds for SeadooForum members?

I just removed the chargers from my twin supercharged 215 Rotax boat and noticed a bit of grease (gray in color on outer shaft) when sliding them out- IS A NEW APPLICATION OF GREASE ON THE OUTER METAL SHAFT REQUIRED FOR INSTALL? If so, what are the specs on the grease?

I DID in fact order new torx bolts from local BRP dealer and want to know if there is a set procedure for re-install or just reversing the removal steps..?

Thanks!

You'll be VERY satisfied with PWC's rebuild service. Honestly, unless you already have the specialty tools, and an intimate knowledge of the procedure, you can't do it yourself any less expensive. And, you have the security of knowing that someone who's rebuilt hundreds of SCs did the job! As far as re-installing them when you get them back, just reverse the procedure. I did use blue LocTite on the mounting bolts, but didn't put any extra grease on the shaft or gears. Maybe that's the right thing to do, maybe it's the wrong thing to do, but so far it has worked really well for me! The only problem I ran into, was trying to contort myself to get in the engine bay........

Just a thought. If you wanted more performance....you could go to larger supercharger. It does require new external intercoolers and piping, plus different impellers. I'm at 520hp right now.

What size clamps are to be used for re-install? 2.75" or 3"?
@JPass @jim7 I found another thread with this clamp info but it was closed and I couldn’t bump it.

Did you replace all (inlet, outlet, throttle body) clamps when re-installing superchargers with the T-Clamp style? What size ended up working 70-78MM on all (3)?

Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back