Tie Down Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

imerictoo

Hi,

I just purchased a used Sea Doo and was wondering if I can use the rear towing hook/loop to hook 2 hooks down to the 2 rear corners of the trailer for a tie down? Or would this eventually pull the tow hook loose?

Sorry if this a newbie question.

Thanks,
Eric

I dont know if this is the right thing to do or not. But that is exactly the way i do it with my two skis, and havent had a problem.

Rob

That's exactly the way I do it, have done it for years. No probs. Came tied down that way from the dealer.

Lou

Thanks everyone for your responses. At first I thought using that back jet ski hook with 600-700 lbs pulling on it would pull it loose eventually - obviouslly loosing a jetski or someone you are towing on a tube would not be good, but then I figured what better way to find out than to ask others!

Thanks again,
Eric

I dont know if this is the right thing to do or not. But that is exactly the way i do it with my two skis, and havent had a problem.

Rob

Rob, it is really difficult to read your posts without getting distracted by your avatar. Got any more pcitures you can post? :drool5:

Like the others, on my older skis I had always used the center towing cleat.

My newer skis have eyes in the back corner of the hull, so I use them now and it prevents dealing with cover issues because of the straps running up to the center tow cleat.

My single trailer I went from the rear tow hook to trailer in both corners..on my new (to me) shorelander double trailer it goes from tow hook to brackets ton the back bottom of the bunky boards... which I don't really care for...seems weak..would rather mount from tow hook to trailer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back