Throttle sticking at carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerDog

The throttle closest to the front of the ski sticks only when the carbs are torqued to the motor. I bolt them to the rotary valve cover with the cover off the motor they do not stick. I did replace the rotary valve cover with another used one since the threads stripped out of the old one. The motor is a rebuild from SES bought a year ago, I have not had it running yet ( too busy ). Could the rotary valve cover be bent ? Is it an issue with the carb body ? Or a something with the block ? I'm going to take the rotary valve cover to the seadoo shop and have them check it out. Trying to eliminate the problem here so I can ride this year.

The carb flanges don't change as they are cast aluminum. It shouldn't matter if it is bolted to the block or not.
What engine is this?

The carb flanges don't change as they are cast aluminum. It shouldn't matter if it is bolted to the block or not.
What engine is this?

787. I spoke with someone at the local seadoo store he said the carb body could be bad. They do not stick unless they are torqued to the motor

Solved: Hoses between carbs were too tight. When torquing carbs down to motor I think it was causing the carbs to twist. Changed the bolts and added more slack between the carbs and no more sticking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back