this is my intake grate, removed for sucking up a rope...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jisgett

20120602_211150.jpg

Hey fellas, I read the posts on sucking up ropes, and I appreciate all the previous help. I only had to remove this grating with its four bolts to get to the rope and unwind it. When I re-attach them, do I use different materials on the three 10mm bolts from what I use on the single 14mm bolt? The three seemed to have a reddish colored substance on them when I removed them, vs the clear silicone-ish substance on the big bolt. Just want to be sure I use the right things when I reattach the grating. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Clean all bolts with a little acetone, then when dry apply a drop of blue loctite to each bolt and re-install. Also there should be black silicone under the grate mounting points fore and aft. Then after it's installed run a bead of black silicone around the edges where it meets the hull and smooth with a fingertip.

Honestly it's faster and easier to just pull the pump out the back when you need to clear debris out of it, than getting underneith and removing/reinstalling that grate.

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back