The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
These make life easy, they have a ballhead so you can manuever the tool around a bit.

863.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-piece-38-metric-long-ball-head-hex-socket-set-67888.html

Might have to get me a set of those next time I go by harbor freight.

I'm looking at buying a new ride plate cause mine is bent and I chipped it when I was trying to bend it back. What is a good aftermarket one that doesn't cost a ton of $$$$.

Buddy I'm guessing 135 on the HP if it's timed and jetted correctly.

Black and Yellow- I have a super clean Jet Dynamics "triple concave" ride plate and shoe(pump wedge). I would sell it to you for $160 shipped if you want it.

So I finished putting the motor and exhaust back together and started it up and the damn thing still isn't charging. Need help don't want to take it to the shop but I want to ride! 96 xp

Is there any possible way to test the rectifier? That's the only thing I have left that I can try. I have tested just about every wire for continuity and resistance and they all check good. I tested the stator again and it tested good. Idk what else to try besides the rectifier. And the guy I bought it from said he had replaced the rectifier.

Is there any possible way to test the rectifier? That's the only thing I have left that I can try. I have tested just about every wire for continuity and resistance and they all check good. I tested the stator again and it tested good. Idk what else to try besides the rectifier. And the guy I bought it from said he had replaced the rectifier.

I have replaced a rectifier with a used one that was also bad once. I've also been lied to by a previous owner before(ha-ha). Normally these rectifiers go by not allowing the engine to rev. A multi meter test will show how the voltage gets into the 15's when revved up. It is a Rectifier/Regulator and I spose it is the regulating side that I've seen give most often. You are not charging so it could also be guilty of that I guess. It's a good thing to replace. They turn south often. I've got a bunch of 96 grey boxes otherwise complete except for being robed of that rectifier.

Just went thru this with my 96 chased but butt on every stinking wire just about. Re-did the entire ski everything looks mint. Disconnect the wiring from the plug on my multi-function gauge (yes battery was disconnected), route everything real neat and tidy thru the single gauge hood, reconnect the plugs, verify everything is correct to my schematic and phone pics. Fire up the ski and low and behold the battery light is on and when and checked the battery and it was under 12 VDC and not charging, um OK, just decided to take a dump go figure. Borrowed a rectifier from a local guy and BANG--I'm back charging and the battery light is out. So, yes get a rectifier and you should be good to go.

So does the pump extension give you any benefit on a 96 XP. I have all the parts an didn't even know it. I have a 95 XP parts ski that I have basically over looked and today I was like is that what I think it is..... Yes it is!

So does the pump extension give you any benefit on a 96 XP. I have all the parts an didn't even know it. I have a 95 XP parts ski that I have basically over looked and today I was like is that what I think it is..... Yes it is!

You need a drive shaft for the 787 with pump extension its 21" long.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

It is cool. The drive shaft is 1/2" different but you still have the long studs, 3" extension, longer steering cable and VTS rod. It will add 1.5 mph and makes the trim more sensitive.

Yeah i'd have to find the longer driveshaft for a 787 and the longer trim arm I have everything else. I just bought a trim arm from Nick for the standard 96 XP setup because some jack leg bent mine in a u shape when the VTS quit working to center the trim. Oh and did a mention they put a 30 amp fuse on it! Classic! I got a wild hair and did the 451m relay trick to fix my VTS. I might hang on to the pump extension parts I have and mess with it this fall. I've been reading your post about the Rossier pipe Matt and I might look into that this fall also.

I love my shiny/rare SS Neptunes but so far I still have not tuned past that Rossier piped ski. With the Buckshot carbs it runs almost perfect anywhere in the throttle range and pulls hard straight to 60. The Rossier has a great tone also.

This is why i'm hesitant on getting a pipe, because I am no tuner. I mean I understand the basic principals and i've read the mikuni carb tuning guides serveral times, but I have not "experimented" With that said having a stock motor with a pipe "should" be a pretty standard carb setup.

Anyone wanna buy two clean X4s? Looking to sell mine....
Lots of goodies on the XP, UMI steering not pictures but has it now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370541224980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370541224980.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 41
Any x-4 guys want to help me out?

I am looking for a small amount (scraps) of traction mat to guard my ankles against the side of the footwells while jumping waves. Anyone have some to sell?

I currently have black tip mats but need something for the inside of the footwell.

Edit:

This is what I am taking about (sort of)

80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see 4500 for both with trailer.

The SPX is immaculate. I bought it from the original owner who only used it at his cottage on a lake. I have a folder full of receipts since new. Has a solas scoop grate, nee black diamond cut turf, MLine seat cover, and beach house sponsons. The sponsons will probably be on the XP by time of sale.

The XP is pretty clean, decals are decent, not perfect but presentable. Has R&D scoop grate, R&D 3 degree tabs, UMI steering, KVPI finger throttle, UMI start/stop trime button housings, R&D 85/88 nozzles, and a pisser up front by the numbers. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff about that one. Needs a seat cover, I've been trying to find one. The previous owner thought it was a good idea to spray paint it cause of fading.

Both have primers in place of the chokes. Both got new Yuasa batteries last week. Both have had the fuel lines replaced and carbs cleaned/rebuilt. Matching seadoo trailerable covers for both. Compression is good on both skis. They've only ever been run on XPS. Trailer got new lights and wiring last summer. I've had them for two years. Currently registered and Im riding them.

I'm open to offers and peoples thoughts on my price. Not looking to split at this point, would rather sell as a pair with trailer

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back