The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at getting an impeller to replace stock one. What do y'all suggest? My ski is stock and I want more holeshot but don't want to lose my top end.

Well, isn't the 85/88 nozzle slightly larger than the stock nozzle? If so, the velocity of the water exiting would be a bit slower. This would allow you more holeshot, but less top-speed. 57 is still pretty damn good on this tiny little rocket sled ;)

thought i'd post the results of a quick evapo-rust experiment. I learned about this stuff from the clapped out thread...

dunked half the flywheel below into this stuff and let it sit overnight. bottom line, if anybody has some rusty stuff that needs a good cleaning, this stuff is DA Bee's Knees !!!

SAM_5589_zpsb0ae76b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, isn't the 85/88 nozzle slightly larger than the stock nozzle? If so, the velocity of the water exiting would be a bit slower. This would allow you more holeshot, but less top-speed. 57 is still pretty damn good on this tiny little rocket sled ;)

I believe the nozzle is actually smaller . In return creating more propulsion but taking more force(power) to do so .

Nice that stuff works wonders. I wasn't sure about it really working but ill have to get me some now haha.

i got mine at AZ, $22 for a gallon I think (it was $32 at harbor freight,, go figure), worth every penny, i've been going evapo happy lately, everything from rusty bolts, an old hammer, old sockets, etc, and its been amazing. I've probably put 20 different things in the bucket with near perfect results on 90% of the stuff I put in there.

now I just have to dig up a basket for the 1gallon can.. where do you get these things ? parts store ? or online

56fc4a62de8c03f8ae93de6e8f83d85a_1.jpg

Yes, the 94XP is an X4 hull. A lot of guys don't consider it an X4 unless it has a 787. My opinion is if its an X4 hull it's an X4. This will probably start a new debate.

The 94XP is a good ski, 657x engine, 80HP I believe. If this is in good condition and a good price go for it.

Lou

I have to support this statement, in fact, the 93 XP was an X-4, twin 657. Just a hair less output though, same setup as the 94, very hard to tell the difference in the 93-94. All of those X-4's were nimble, from 587, 657, 717 to 787. I loved them and still have a thing for them, but when the GSX came out, the rough salt water of Puget Sound suddenly became smoother, which meant faster. On perfect glass, the X-4 with 787 was the faster of the two, on the chop? The GSX chewed it up for breakfast. The GSX was almost cheating in those days.
So glad to see so many still out there though, GREAT boats.

Hell no thats not normal replace that flywheel stator trigger and check the starter if it was me I'd pull the front cover completely and change the front seal out. Wow thats pretty bad it there.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Ok so you think I need to replace the flywheel, stator, and idk what the trigger is? And is the seal you are talking about the one that seals the stator cover with 10mm bolts?

Ok so you think I need to replace the flywheel, stator, and idk what the trigger is? And is the seal you are talking about the one that seals the stator cover with 10mm bolts?

The trigger bolts just above the stator on the cover its what creates spark on a 787. the front crank seal needs to be replaced before running that ski any longer.

The trigger bolts just above the stator on the cover its what creates spark on a 787. the front crank seal needs to be replaced before running that ski any longer.

So what is the dirt dust looking stuff that's in it cause I wiped it out and it's like a brown powder. Wouldn't there be oil in it if the crank seal was bad?

Also where do y'all suggest I get the parts from cause I don't want to put in cheap parts but I don't want to break the bank either haha. I found a stator on OSD and it's $150

I have to support this statement, in fact, the 93 XP was an X-4, twin 657. Just a hair less output though, same setup as the 94, very hard to tell the difference in the 93-94. All of those X-4's were nimble, from 587, 657, 717 to 787.

Easy tell if a hull is an X4 is removable trim tabs... don't even have to get out the tape measure.

First post in this thread lists the history etc.
Other than race hull in 94... seadoo produced 95-96Xp, 96--99SPx with the X4 hull.

X4 hulls were produced with 717 and 787s

Not trying to be argumentative or fire up a debate, just my 2cents....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Easy tell if a hull is an X4 is removable trim tabs... don't even have to get out the tape measure.

First post in this thread lists the history etc.
Other than race hull in 94... seadoo produced 95-96Xp, 96--99SPx with the X4 hull.

X4 hulls were produced with 717 and 787s

Not trying to be argumentative or fire up a debate, just my 2cents....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Right on the money! :thumbup:

Oh, I surely don't want to argue. I simply see them as essentially the same thing. A lot of parts from the SP, SPi, SPX and XP's were interchangeable over a 4 year period.

Alot of the parts are interchangable but that does not make it an x4, many of the 96 gsx parts are direct swap for the 96 xp as well but they are not the same class. The x4 hull is different from the early xp and spx body, the dimensions are way different. They made the newer body more nimble. The 93-94 xp have the newer sleek look but were later upgraded in 95 and became known as the x4. They were not referred as an x4 until 95 except by the elite few with the race hulls that had the said trim tabs and newer design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah and alot of the parts are interchangable for many more than 4 years. 93-96 xp body and 94-99 sp family body can use many of the same parts. Pump housings, cables, trim, hoods and so on.

As for the 93 being the same as the 94 not so much, yes they had a similiar color scheme and both had a 650 but the 93 was a basket case, they quickly made alot of changes in 94, the stator was no longer hardwired into the mpem, nor was the hood. The hood was now bolted on and not rivited, the carbs were now attached to the intake with bolts, the exhaust now rocked a seperate head and tuned pipe. The 650 is even different. The 93 did give us the look we all have grown to love from the earlier square version but it had alot of growing up to do in just the one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
OldSchool, sorry I should have warned you about these guys, they're pretty serious, actually I'm one of them (95XP800). They probably can tell you the exact number of rivets in the rub rail. I think you will find even though there's some arguments they're a great bunch.

Lou

If I had a dime for everytime the "What models are X4 hulls " argument came up in this thread , I might have enough money to buy me a...:cheers:

Actually it's more like a cult, Doc Honda made some X4 cult decals, I had a set on my 96XP that I sold.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back