The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing these horror stories about the SBT wear rings and I have had zero issues with them. Yeah some fit loose and some tight. I have one in my XP right now and I have zero cavitation. I think it has around 25 hours on it and I ride a trashy river with a scoop grate ALOT!

I'm going to try to fix my water regulator tomorrow and give it a river test. If it doesn't work i'll look into jetting it. Just by reading about water injection and how it works. You would think hard jetting would affect bottom end performance because you would want to jet for less water for more rpm. I need to just get a pipe and ecw haha!!!

I'd love to have a 12 gallon tank! I don't want to pull my motor though!

Well after months and months of searching I finally bought an 800 X4. I had been hoping to find a decent one in the 800-1000 range that I could work on but here in MN that is next to impossible. So this one came up for sale and I thought for a few hundred more it was worth it to get a mint one.

It's a single owner, I got all the original paperwork, certificate of origin, letter from the VP, it was bought new in the spring of '99 for $5,179.38 by a local guy who kept it on a lift at his cabin along with 2 other skis. He owns a huge building supply yard so he would winterize it every year and then store it on a mezzanine in a heated room they use to store old paperwork and files. It has been in that room since 2010. There literally is not a scratch on the top side, there is one small spider web though, on the bottom side it does have a gouge from the trailer winch stand.

I brought it to Nick's shop last night to get the original hours off it but the MPEM has been replaced 11 hours ago. I also bought carb rebuild kits, oil filter and oil lines while I was there - which I'll be doing this weekend along with changing the gray fuel lines.

Attachments

• SPX1.jpg
    SPX1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 54
  • SPX3.jpg
    SPX3.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 44
  • SPX2.jpg
    SPX2.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 45
  • SPX6.jpg
    SPX6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 43
  • SPX4.jpg
    SPX4.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
You can get OEM shipped cheaper than $40 on Ebay, new in the bag. But it probably needs a new o-ring etc... SOrry, not a big fan of aftermarket parts when I can get the OEM stuff for the same or cheaper. And I'll shop at 15 different places on Ebay to save $20.

Here is the valve, make an offer of $50 and see what they counter with. $55 is the cost of an SBT one. I'd go to $60 if I had to. But shoot low first. I have bought several things from them on make offers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-SEADOO-..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item2ead0a1785&vxp=mtr

Here is the gasket for the above guy, and he'll throw it in the same box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-SEADOO-..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item2c4aba0291&vxp=mtr

Here is the housing:--Cheaper than an SBT one shipped!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-SEA..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item23133fe686&vxp=mtr

The o-ring is the killer if you want OEM $5.99 each but free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEA-DOO-O-R..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item3a7b0f9254&vxp=mtr

Well after months and months of searching I finally bought an 800 X4. I had been hoping to find a decent one in the 800-1000 range that I could work on but here in MN that is next to impossible. So this one came up for sale and I thought for a few hundred more it was worth it to get a mint one.

It's a single owner, I got all the original paperwork, certificate of origin, letter from the VP, it was bought new in the spring of '99 for $5,179.38 by a local guy who kept it on a lift at his cabin along with 2 other skis. He owns a huge building supply yard so he would winterize it every year and then store it on a mezzanine in a heated room they use to store old paperwork and files. It has been in that room since 2010. There literally is not a scratch on the top side, there is one small spider web though, on the bottom side it does have a gouge from the trailer winch stand.

I brought it to Nick's shop last night to get the original hours off it but the MPEM has been replaced 11 hours ago. I also bought carb rebuild kits, oil filter and oil lines while I was there - which I'll be doing this weekend along with changing the gray fuel lines.

Looks like you got a good deal, can't believe how clean the inside of the hull is! When do you plan on running it on the water?

This weekend. It's going to be 80 and sunny here (finally). But I have a 95 XP that needs the carb, fuel line, oil line - treatment too so I have to get all that done first.

My gtx had worn out sbt rave housing also. Talk about making your ski run like crap!

Sooooo how much of a pain in the butt is it to install the longer studs and replace the steering cable to run the extended pump setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back