The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we spoke you had bought one and did not want another project at that time ,so just go bid and who knows it may only bring $50
No hard feelings Joey,

Last time we spoke I was under the impression that you were going to send some more pictures of it next time uou got back to where it was located. Hopefully they are in the auction, it will certainly help you get a better price online.

Edit: saw where you posted the auction.

Matt, if you want it, it's yours. I don't intend to go on an all out bidding war for the thing, it is located pretty far up in Georgia, nearly in Tennessee so it's a pretty long drive for either of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my 95 xp 800. Not much stock about it.
227.jpg
228.jpg
229.jpg
230.jpg
231.jpg

Good to see you here northy. I've seen those goodies before but was also denied trying to take a fresh look. Your one of two wb makes me jealous. I like the cb fuel/air separator also. The whole look of the X4 is well put together.

Thanks much Matt I really appreciate the compliment. The waterbox and fuel separator are definitely works of art, lucked out on getting those. I wish I could upload better pictures of everything so everyone here could check it out but for some reason this site won't let me.

Unfortunately both my friends sold their skis this past few weeks so I'm contemplating selling mine again since I have no one to ride with now. All issues I had last year are fixed and I completely redid everything. It only has roughly 6 hours on the cosmetic makeover. Here is a link if anyone is interested.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/3908480806.html

They were not your real friends then--LOL

My buddies sold all their toys years back(atvs and what not), now they're buying them again. I kept mine!

Question. Is there a big difference going from a DCPR8E plug to a DCPR7E? It's for a 2007 challenger, 215. Reason for asking is the local store doesn't have the 8's but has 7's.

Hey guys I was just wondering how big of a problem and how often or if you have ever had to replace the starter???

Its not that hard, good used OEM or rebuilding OEM is the only way to go. All the cheap ones are total junk...theres a reason why a new one for the dealer is like 380 bucks.

haha I know ill end up regretting it someday. I dropped the price to $1800.00!

Someone will snatch it up if you were down here it would bring $1800 easy good luck!

545 views and 125 watchers on the ebay auction WOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, if I had an X4 and it would rev to 6500rmp for a few min, and then fall back down to 6000 rpm for no apparent reason, could I suspect the rectifier? Carbs are clean/rebuilt, filters are clean, fuel knob makes no difference, voltage around 12.8, new/clean raves w/ caps screwed all the way down, new plugs, 150/160mag compression, case pressure tested to not leak, plugs a dark chocolate and dry, pump completely rebuilt. If I let it sit for a while, it will fire back up (after some cranking/choking) and rev back up to 6500, then fall back down to 6000. Pulling back on the throttle doesn't affect RPM until I go below 80% or so. I did notice a few burn spots inside the gel on the rectifier board...

Anyone have any other problems that actually WERE solved by a new rectifier? How do I know that my stator isn't bad and will kill another rectifier? I'm totally new to these types of problems. Help would be appreciated.

Hey Im new to the jet ski world. But ive been riding for a few months. I absolutely LOVE the agile and fun, rip roaring ones. ive been looking at 95 xp's. probably going to spend anywhere from 1000-2000 bucks depending if there is a trailer. Just wondering what yall thought about these specific years of xp's. Oh I also do a lot of fishing. would this thing have the stability to drop anchor and post it there while I fish.

THANKS!!

Anyone ever have the factory thumb throttle hinge part break? I was just going to throw a stainless screw with a locknut on it. Seems whatever the factory had which I think was black plastic is long gone...

Scott

[MENTION=66638]knightmare 303[/MENTION] noooo way! these skis are definetly not stable enough to fish. I'd love to watch somebody try though lolol :thumbsup:

also, you will have WAY better luck finding a 96xp if your looking for a 787 powered X4

Ordering my RHAAS urethane mounts tomorrow. I searched around for a while and cant find a good write up on swapping out the mounts specifically aligning the pump shaft and shimming. Anyone have a link to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back