The NFL Season Starts today..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Any one here big into fantasy football? I've been looking forward to today..

Raises Hand !

Actually we have a PWC fantasy football league with a couple of SDF members in it, if you like, I can add you onto the wait list, (nobody on it right now) I'm the commish, lucky me :)

Starting Manning and J.Thomas tonight against the Ravens ! go get em !!!

Yeah, I may be able to be in next season. What site are you using for the league? I am in 5 leagues for this year already.. lol.

yes, actually I prefer Yahoo, but all of my leagues are espn, and i'm keeping it that way, makes my life simple since they are all on the same site. i'm a true fantasy nerd, I do baseball, basketball, football and hockey (yes hockey !) (and I sux at hocky i need a co-owner big time)

I'm definitely a FF junky...been in a 10 team league with nine buddies since 1998...also been looking forward to the season (although it means boating season is coming to an end). I've got it bad, my ass and the couch become one on sundays...also a long-time NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber...love it!

I've got Manning and Welker going tonight...

Good luck to you all this season!

now what's really funny and some of you might be able to relate, is that i've always had multiple leagues, but I watch very little football on TV, and if its not DVR'd so I can skip commercials I find it quite boring. (red zone is nice tho)

Sunday is my water day, has been for years, so I miss all the 1pm games, and most of the 4pm, if i'm not tired or busy and its a good matchup, then i'll watch a little of the Sunday night or Monday night game but only if I have a player in it.

many of my fantasy buds spend all day watching games, but I never could handle it, if I ever sell my ski's maybe then, but until that day comes... i'm busy getting wet !

I was jsut gonna say Red Zone.. that is all I watch on Sundays since it came out. (other than the Buccaneers game)

Yeah im pretty excited. I got 5 teams. Most in NFL.com and on using espn. Im also a huge Broncos fan, so im pumped for the game. Im working today, so hopefully its a slow evening at the firehouse.

now what's really funny and some of you might be able to relate, is that i've always had multiple leagues, but I watch very little football on TV, and if its not DVR'd so I can skip commercials I find it quite boring. (red zone is nice tho)

Sunday is my water day, has been for years, so I miss all the 1pm games, and most of the 4pm, if i'm not tired or busy and its a good matchup, then i'll watch a little of the Sunday night or Monday night game but only if I have a player in it.

many of my fantasy buds spend all day watching games, but I never could handle it, if I ever sell my ski's maybe then, but until that day comes... i'm busy getting wet !

I can appreciate foregoing football to be on the water...but here in Michigan, once football season starts, boating days are far and few between due to the change in the weather...if the weather is good on Sundays I will hit the water over football, just doesn't seem to happen much. This weekend is calling for 83*F on Saturday and 70*F on Sunday here...I'll get my boating in on Saturday...

It's interesting how differently everyone gets involved...I'm only in the one league and have only ever played in that league...money league with buddies that I've known forever and this ensures that we all still get together twice a year...draft day and year end party. The year end party is great...Wild Card Playoff Saturday every year...we use our transaction money to fund the party...you show up and eat and drink for free all day...last year we had it at the Tilted Kilt...great establishment for a FF party!

I agree on the RedZone...it's pretty awesome! I spend most of the day watching the RedZone channel, however they go off the air at the end of their day and you may lose coverage of games that go late or into overtime...it's also nice to watch the eight games at once to start the day off and be able to tune into a particular game when you want...I also like how you can enter your starting lineup and your opponents lineup and get banners posted along the bottom of the screen everytime one of those players makes a play...I think I'm ready for some football!

In mine I am playing against Manning.. Luckily I have D Thomas who put up 42 to his 73 points.. I'm still in it I guess.

Any one here big into fantasy football? I've been looking forward to today..
I used to be in a fantasy football league for several years. One year, my top 3 picks were Emmit Smith, Robert Smith and Terry Allen. All 3 had HUGE years. Every week they were the majority of the ESPN weekly highlights. I ran away with 1st place that year.

Now I just have alot of fantasies, none of which include footballs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida station explains why it's airing dismal Jags

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — An Orlando television station has issued an on-air explanation for why it's airing the struggling Jacksonville Jaguars while many NFL fans probably would have preferred seeing the Denver Broncos-New York Giants game, a possible Super Bowl preview featuring the Peyton and Eli Manning.

WKMG TV issued the scrolled message on Sunday. It read that NFL policy states the station must carry all Jags away games. At the end the message said: "We apologize for any inconvenience."

Viewers then took to Twitter to remark on what many saw as an apology from the station.

But WKMG Vice President and General Manager Skip Valet says the arrangement is nothing new. He says for nearly two decades Orlando has been designated the secondary Jaguars market and has carried all the away games. As he put it: "I know it's frustrating, but as a CBS station in this market you have to carry the away games."

Jaguars scored an NFL-low 2 points last week and are coming off the worst season in franchise history. They have missed the playoffs 11 of the last 13 years.
2 points means a safety which technically means the offense didn't score but the defense did in some fashion.

Associated Press

wonder, wonder, wonder, how our buccaneers will find another way to lose again this week .... i would bench freeman and find someone with a good attitude and common sense, along with, being able to make smart decisions .... remember when we had josh freeman and josh johnson, well, freeman used to break loose and make some real good runs, then, all a sudden, he starting wearing great big pads and big ass rib pads ..... lol, that all come about when he signed a big contract .... love of the game ???? love of the money, well, he has no extension for next season ... nor does he deserve one .....................

wonder, wonder, wonder, how our buccaneers will find another way to lose again this week .... i would bench freeman and find someone with a good attitude and common sense, along with, being able to make smart decisions .... remember when we had josh freeman and josh johnson, well, freeman used to break loose and make some real good runs, then, all a sudden, he starting wearing great big pads and big ass rib pads ..... lol, that all come about when he signed a big contract .... love of the game ???? love of the money, well, he has no extension for next season ... nor does he deserve one .....................

I guess they found a way to lose again......

QUOTE:
"Brady clicks with rookies; Patriots beat Bucs 23-3
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (12) passes while pursued by Tamp...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Tom Brady's rookie receivers are starting to catch on.

And the New England Patriots are 3-0 for the first time in six seasons.

After slow starts to their NFL careers, Kenbrell Thompkins caught two touchdown passes and Aaron Dobson had seven receptions as the Patriots beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23-3 on Sunday....end of quote"

well, well, well .... they benched freeman, lol, and .............he is up to be traded if someone would want him .... :facepalm::facepalm: and they are gonna start the rookie, but being 0 and 3 already, and ive been a true bucs fan forever .... i have seen worse ..and ....it will get worse with the rookie, but, i know one thing , Mike Glennon will play every down and he shows no quit in him :cheers::cheers:

The whole NFL is bonkers, I think maybe the world is off it's axis. Cincinnati beat the Packers, Cleveland won, Detroit won, as Mr. Taggart said "what in the "wide wide world of Sports is a goin on here".

Lou

My Chiefs are 3-0 and looking good!!! Arrowhead is gunna be rockin this Sunday against the Giants can't wait to get out there and start tailgating!

My Chiefs are 3-0 and looking good!!! Arrowhead is gunna be rockin this Sunday against the Giants can't wait to get out there and start tailgating!

Lol, don't worry there is still plenty of time for Andy to mismanage the time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, no, born and raised to be used to losing sports teams. Growing up I liked the steelers, now I don't really follow it too close. I prefer the Phillies.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I was at the Bengals game Saturday. I am a loyal fan but those boys just got really lucky. We will see how this Sunday game goes when they play the Browns!

I was at the Bengals game Saturday. I am a loyal fan but those boys just got really lucky. We will see how this Sunday game goes when they play the Browns!

Cleveland? i didn't know they still had a football team..lol. Im always a huge Bengals fan...even the rough years they really sucked. For me its just a matter of loyalty to the hometown team. I only root against them when they play my broncos who ive followed since i was like 8 years old.

Back