The Mayan calendar

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Has anyone read anything about the end of the Mayan calendar in December of 2012?

I have found some interesting articles on this and the end of our world as we know it. Not just religious meanings but some articles from several scientists from around the World.....

It seems, scientifically, that earth will be going through a magnetic change as we cross the equatoral plain of our Milky Way. At the same time, all the planents are suppose to be in line, pointing to the black hole in the cener of our solar system. The stress from the gravitional and magnetic pull is suppose to be so great that the earth suffers catastrophic changes.....

I don't know if I believe in all the hoopla but it sure is interesting to read about.

Anyone wanting to read about it can do a google on "2012" or the "ending of the Mayan long calendar" ................:cheers:

The End of the World?

Good, so now I can rack up those credit cards and not have to worry about paying them back :reddevil:

Actually, I have read quite a bit on it. And like you said, interesting, but I ain't buying into it.

Yeah I was watching a special on this on the Discovery channel a while back. Crazy stuff. The Mayans were quite advanced it seems.

Sweet...I'm still all stocked up from the world ending in the year 2000 so I'm good to go!! :reddevil:

I heard we shouldn't fear anything unless we get a Black President into power of a super country...oh sh** I guess we're all doomed now! :ack:

If you believe the Tale as it's told, and I read, be wear of a black power figure....Could it have any truth to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would mention Bigfoot, Nessie, ghost, UFOs, etc. But everytime I do it, someone I know and trust pops up with a tremendously believable personal encounter that I just cannot disregard.

So, rack up those credit cards. DEATH AND DESTRUCTION to CHASE, CITIBANK, VISA and MASTERCARD in 2012!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray::cheers:

Also be sure to read upon the crystal skulls. They say that there impossible to make With EVERY tool possible on the face of the earth. Crazy stuff

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...=8xvMSen3JInK-gGEpqQR&q=Crystal+skulls+&hl=en

I'm not so sure about the crystal skulls. While most scholars have said that they dated back to the pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts by their alleged finders. None of the specimens made available for scientific study were authenticated as pre-Columbian in origin.

So, I'm on the fence with what I've read on the skulls. Of course, if you watched Indiana Jones, you know they were real........:rofl:

I'm not so sure about the crystal skulls. While most scholars have said that they dated back to the pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts by their alleged finders. None of the specimens made available for scientific study were authenticated as pre-Columbian in origin.

So, I'm on the fence with what I've read on the skulls. Of course, if you watched Indiana Jones, you know they were real........:rofl:

I think that the Crystal skulls could very well have been Pre Colombian or made by some culture on this planet, these many years ago.We should NEVER discount tribal knowledge and all that is lost by its death. The 'mistaken' choice to keep some knowledge for a select few (or one) can doom a culture when that group dies (esp. suddenly). Look at Hieroglyphics of the Ancient Egyptians. As fewer and fewer could write Hieroglyphs, this Egyptian writing was lost, almost forever, and for 1500 years NO ONE could read them. Mummification was lost that way as well.

It is my personal opinion that the Mayan calendar stops in 2012 for something as simple as the calendar then is 'reused', much like our current Gregorian calendar can be reused every 19 years (recycling is alive and well!) as the days and dates within each month are once again the same or for even simpler rules such as, by now, they would have been creating version 2, or 2012-####... (and if you would like to read more on it, some say the Mayan calendar does not END until 4700 or so http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/)

I find it quite interesting that the human mind wants to make logical and usually obvious leaps to connect (or disconnect) things and dates and times are quite a default choice. Time is is one of those things we want so desperately to control, or understand in more than in a 'forced to walk along with it' way. We want to be connected to things that come before or after us. This helps us find ourselves not just in this place, but in this time as well.

We all have friends (or ourselves) that say "I am wrong for this time." or "I should have been born XX years ago.", "I am the last of my kind." or "There are not a lot of us who think in XX way anymore."

For me, I WANT Nostradamus to be wrong, I want Revelation to be not true (Or at least VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY off in the future), I don't want there to be a Heaven AND a Hell, just the heaven part :Angel:. But I also want to be able to have a conversation with any other person on this planet and not have it judged by others because of my or their skin tone, or by affiliation (Any) or any other grouping 'statistic'. I want to be able to shake the hand of a person, and say "Good morning, brother", and to know, truly know, that he believes I mean that with the same conviction as if I am his brother.

Take care,
Cerb

Interesting....

I have found this reading on the Mayan long count calendar (which they actually had a total of 3 they used) that I've been reading about it for a couple years. Not because I fear the end of the world (if it does, oh well, what can we do) but because of the accuracy these people made their predictions, even their own demish by the invasion of the Spanish.

What I find even more amazing is that they accurately predicted every solar and lunar eclipse since they put the long count calander together in what we would now identify in time as August 11, 3114BC.

I do agree with Cerberus though. In all the predictions that the Mayans made, with such accuracy, they never mention that when the long count calendar ends, will this signal the end of our civilization.

If you study Mayan culture, you'll also read that the Mayans never really believed in endings. Their conception of time was circular. With every end being the beginning of new, so 2012 should be no different.

This is a subject that could never end. With their culture being so sophisticated (in my opinion, moreso than the Romans) there is so much to explore in what they contributed to our society, that we use even today.

I was in Belieze, South America and had the chance to visit one of there ruins. I would highly recommend that someone there, take the time for a tour and also, a tour into the rain forrest to see and hear the howling monkey's.............:cheers:

i have studied this subject deeply as i am fascinated by it..i dunno if i believe all the hoopla but..i think something will happen though..i mean come on these guys knew something we didnt..heck there callendar is fractions of seconds more accurate...i mean granted it is a minute amount..but think how long it took us to create atomic clocks and get as acurate as we are now...and they did back then??? someone paid them a visit and gave them knowledge more powerfil then we could imagine....there is no doubt..who or what did who knows....but something definitly did

Back